Friday, June 4, 2010

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend


So while I didn't completely abandon you this week, I guess I forgot to post any outfits (been feeling a little blah), but one thing at a time, okay?  There's always next week.  But until then I hope you enjoy these links.
  • Sally over at Already Pretty is starting a Summer Blackout--no black for one summer (but only one week for us fellow bloggers).  I'm game...are you?
  • Networking is daunting for most of us, but Business Women's Finishing School & Social Club breaks it down into three easy steps (scroll down).
  • Working Girl shares how getting your hands dirty can create bonds with even the most intimidating of executives.
  • An oldie but a goodie (I'm wayy behind on some of my blog reading): Pattern Pulp finds office-inspired typography.  I'm moving cubicles next week and I'm thinking some arts & craft time is in order (time for makeovers part three and more! Check out one and two.)
  • The key to a woman's heart is through her stomach, specifically these root beer float cupcakes from smitten kitchen.  Or any of these from Ming Makes Cupcakes.  I see a LOT of baking in the future.
  • Last (but not least, at least not on Maria's part), check out the interview I did with Bachman's Sparrow this week, including a never-before-seen Casual Friday outfit (hint: skinny jeans and graphic tees CAN be office appropriate).

What fun reads did you find this week?  Share them in the comments!

photo credit

2 comments:

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.