Thursday, April 15, 2010

Swap-o-rama

This post is a few weeks late, but I really wanted to share my finds from the Stitch Swap on April 3.  Problem is, I usually have one of my swap finds on, so it's hard to take a pic.  But here is a quick synopsis.

Gave away:
  • 1 pair of Banana Republic dress pants (so sad, they were my fave, but way too small)
  • 1 pair of corduroys
  • 1 suit (Macy's junior section)
  • 1 white t-shirt (too small)
  • 1 red Abercrombie sweater
  • 1 burgundy H&M work blouse
  • 1 green Old Navy sweater
  • 2 long-sleeve shirts (H&M and Loft)
  • 2 pairs of black shoes (not shown)


Came home with:
  • Brown velvety blazer
  • Tan corduroy blazer
  • Cream knit hooded sweater
  • Blue-green knit top
  • Mustard yellow strapless dress
  • Yellow print tee
  • Cream plain tee
  • Gray "What goes around comes around" tee
  • Soft pink lace tee

So far I've already worn the brown velvety blazer (seen here), tan blazer, cream sweater, knit top, and gray tee (my new fave).  Can't wait to see how the others will work their way in.  The best part?  Supporting a good cause ($5 entry fee went to Relay for Life and extra clothes went to St. John's Shelter for Women and Children) and knowing that my clothes went to a loving home.  No regrets, and can't wait for the next swap!

Have you ever swapped?  How was your experience?

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME! You scored some good stuff! Brett and I are going out of town this weekend and I can't wait to wear the long black dress I got. You better come next time too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, angeline! i'm totally wearing a t-shirt that i got from the swap, too. totally awesome experience - can't forget about the free food and drink, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Will miss you Sunday. You can count me in for sure for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Bacon mac and cheese...I must master it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really wish there was something like this down in oc. i did look at http://giveplustake.com/ but it's a bit far. hopefully we'll get something soon!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.