Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rain: 2, Angeline: 1

Two days in a row, I was defeated by the rain. Today it was in more ways than one.
  1. Wore peep-toes to the office (hey, it worked once!)
  2. Forgot my umbrella to go move my car and remembered only after walking down 3 flights of stairs. I walked through the rain in my open-toed shoes to and from the car. Bleh.

At least I remembered my jacket on that last one, though, because I would hate to have to dry-clean this thing again after just one wear. I gave a presentation to coworkers today on Microsoft Word (yes, really), and didn't think my usual Wednesday-jeans-because-I-give-up look would fly, especially with our HR director sitting in.
 
Suit: Ann Taylor Outlet - 2008 - $40 (clearance + f&f coupon); Top: Banana Republic - 2007 - $30;
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini - 2007 - $70 (sale)

While the suit is pretty snazzy (and a steal at $40), I did stick to plain colors again today.  It's hard to tell from the photo but the color is a deep dark-chocolatey brown.  Yum.  I popped on the peep-toes because I did my toenails last night in my favorite spring shade, and also to balance out the neck-to-toe coverage of the rest of the outfit.  It was safe, and when giving a preso in front of a pretty conservative HR director, safe is good.

Would you wear this for an internal presentation?  How would you style a suit (or would you even wear one) for a situation like this?

3 comments:

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.