Monday, May 23, 2011

Wear and Wear Again | Pleated A-line skirt

It's time for another edition of Wear and Wear Again! I went through my closet this weekend just to take an inventory (for the first time ever), and was struck by a) how many clothes I have, b) how many clothes I don't actually wear and c) how many clothes I've worn many many times over several years. I have a dress—that I still love, but don't have much occasion to wear—that I bought my sophomore year of college (I last wore it about four years ago, but it's pretty classic and I'm sure I'll have a chance to wear it again). Needless to say, I don't go by the one-year rule. At the same time, there are many many many items that have entered and quickly exited my closet over that same time period. But that's a much larger, more rambly topic that I'd like to get into today.

Today, I'm talking about one of the best deals I've gotten. Ever. This skirt was $6 on the Target clearance rack in December 2007. It was a size too big when I bought it, but I've since grown into it (one of the few benefits of putting on wifely weight). While I'm currently in a pencil skirt phase, looking at these photos really makes me miss this skirt. In fact, I think I'll bust it out this week.

Three things I love about this skirt:
  • The color. Bright and vibrant, perfect for casual or work wear.
  • The pleats. Adds a nice fullness without being costume-y.
  • The length. Demure and ladylike, but not frumpy at all.


More pleated A-line skirts:

Do you like A-line skirts? What do you look for in a fuller skirt?

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about that darling pleated skirt. I have a coral wrap-top that I've had for years that is one of the cheapest and most admired garments in my closet by my friends. I swear, my most bargain-priced pieces always get the most compliments and the most wear! Funny how that works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad when bloggers show the several different ways they've styled a signle piece. This skirt is great, and you can't beat 7 bucks, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, that skirt is fantastic! I can't believe you got it for just $6. JEALOUS!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I like a-line skirts and you just reminded me i have a white one that i should wear more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ professiongal - Isn't that the truth? Sometimes the best things just don't cost very much. :)

    @ kinsey - me too, that's why I started doing it, too. :P

    @ Melissa - Thanks! Some of my best finds have been at Target.

    @ Lorena - Yes! I like the way you style A-line skirts...you wear them very well!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.