Swapped out the winter comforter for the summer blanket. It hit 90 this week! Yay!
Hope you all had a great week and a great Cinco de Mayo! A bunch of coworkers hit up a local street party after work last night, and since they're all now scared of me dishing about them on here, here is their mention (hah).
Earlier this week was also book club-we discussed Never Let Me Go. I have to admit, it was just so-so for me, but a quick read, and I enjoy the fact that I'm reading more again. I'm pretty excited about our next book, though--Cutting for Stone. Sounds fascinating. One of the best things about book club is reading books I'd probably never choose myself. While some people are really drawn to one genre or another, I really like a variety. Usually when I have to choose for myself I go with literary non-fiction or the classics (I finally read Dracula in March--so good).
Anyhoo...my main reading, as you all know, is blogs. And I read those a lot. So here are the best reads of this week.
Fashion and style
- Already Pretty: You deserve good things (check out the comments, too--lots of great insights)
- BiblioMOMia: Conference Week: The big day
- Pretty Young Professional: You're the boss...now what? 7 to-dos as a first-time manager
- The Thin Pink Line: 10 signs it's time to quit your job
- Classy Career Girl: How to wake up early and enjoy your morning
- Lifehacker: Stop caring about what other people think and get back your self respect
- Corporette: The type A guide to moving
- Lifehacker: The stress-free guide to settling down in a new city
- The Well-Appointed Desk: This chalkboard wall calendar is a vinyl wall decal
Are you a reader? In a book club? What are your favorite genres?