Friday, May 6, 2011

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 05.06.11

Swapped out the winter comforter for the summer blanket. It hit 90 this week! Yay!

Hope you all had a great week and a great Cinco de Mayo! A bunch of coworkers hit up a local street party after work last night, and since they're all now scared of me dishing about them on here, here is their mention (hah).

Earlier this week was also book club-we discussed Never Let Me Go. I have to admit, it was just so-so for me, but a quick read, and I enjoy the fact that I'm reading more again. I'm pretty excited about our next book, though--Cutting for Stone. Sounds fascinating. One of the best things about book club is reading books I'd probably never choose myself. While some people are really drawn to one genre or another, I really like a variety. Usually when I have to choose for myself I go with literary non-fiction or the classics (I finally read Dracula in March--so good).

Anyhoo...my main reading, as you all know, is blogs. And I read those a lot. So here are the best reads of this week.

Fashion and style
Career and office
After hours
Blogging bits


Are you a reader? In a book club? What are your favorite genres?

9 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy these weekly summary posts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless ya, Angeline. Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in the middle of a book - if I finish one in the morning, I have a new one lined up for the evening. Commuting with public transportation makes it easier to get more reading done. Cutting for stone is a great book, although it can get a little bogged down in details. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link! Love looking at your Friday posts! I always find some good sites to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Cassie - Thank you! I really enjoy doing them.

    @ Sal - Love ya!

    @ Liz - I'm so with you on public transportation--when I used to ride the bus to work I'd easily go through a book a week (sometimes more). Sucks that the bus now costs more than driving for me. Can't wait to read Cutting for Stone--it sounds fascinating!

    @ Classy Career Girl - You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My book club read Never Let Me Go about 2 months ago and I found it so-so, too. There are some circumstances of the story I just couldn't accept, so that made it hard to buy into the rest of the book. Next up is Zeitoun, and so far, it's really good. Aren't book clubs great??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks so much! What a fun thing to find on a Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Cubicle Chic - I totally agree--it was just so unbelievable in areas, and I found the characters to be totally unsympathetic. I *heart* book club.

    @ BiblioMOMia - you're welcome! It was hard to pick just one of your conference week posts--they were all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm a reader, any good reads will do like young adults. I'm also fond of those book series like the apprentice, the immortal instruments. :)

    vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.