Thursday, May 26, 2011

Distractions and regressions

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional agaci top loft cardigan br factory pants enzo angiolini pumps nordstrom stud earrings
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional agaci top loft cardigan br factory pants enzo angiolini pumps nordstrom stud earrings
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional loft cardigan nordstrom stud earrings
LOFT cardigan - 2010 - gift (similar) / A'gaci top - 2011 - $20 (similar) / BR Factory pants - 2009 - $20 (similar) / Enzo Angiolini peep-toes via Nordstrom - 2007 - $70 (similar) / Nordstrom pyramid stud earrings - 2010 - gift card (available) / Ball chain necklace (similar)

Outfit analysis: Another cold day in May...seriously? I finally got around to ironing my clothes and was sooo happy to put these pants back on after a long time away. I wanted to try this top with more tailored trousers, but it was too cold to go with short-sleeves so on came the sweater. I tried a little belt tricks from Academichic and wrapped the built-in waist-tie around the cardigan to give the outfit some shape. Nothing too exciting, but it did the job.
___

Another belted cardigan. I've been regressing sartorially since I've been distracted with the whole move and transition. I turned in my formal resignation this week, giving them a 6.5 week notice. Sure, this long of a notice isn't required in any sense, but since I already told my boss, our CEO, and a handful of other folks, and the organization is currently working on the budget for next fiscal year so they can plan for it.

I have to say, this whole year has just zoomed by, and now it feels like the last month has just snuck up on me. K turned in his dissertation this week (YAY!), and it's basically go-go-go until we get to Miami. Every single weekend is booked...with good things of course!

By the way, did you enter the giveaway yet? It ends tonight (9pm Pacific)!

How do you get out of a style rut?

6 comments:

  1. I am really excited to see where you guys end up and how your outfits will change in Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am a new follower of yours. I am a corporate chick too - you should come check out my bloggy. I get out of a style rut - by injecting some color into my outfit :)

    Congrats on moving to Miami :)

    Nav
    http://navlandstyleblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way I have found is to participate in a challenge or create one. Otherwise when the seasons change and I'm wearing new clothes, I get out of my rut.
    Or I just stay in my rut for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I just ride a rut out. Or force myself to try something new, and it usually works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ destrehan's daughter - me too! so many unknowns...so exciting!

    @ nav - welcome! color is a great idea...I often shy away from it especially when I feel like I'm in a rut, but it can really lift my spirits.

    @ colleen - yeah, challenges can be fun, but after a while I feel like I'm limiting myself and it becomes not so fun (which is why I haven't done a challenge in a while). For me, it usually just takes me waking up in the morning and trying something crazy (and then having to wear it all day...lol)

    @ my heart blogged - So true...all ruts have to end somewhere, right?

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.