Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Flashback

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog jcrew shirt merona trouser jeans blake scott pumps forever 21 vest
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog jcrew shirt
J.Crew outlet blouse - 2009 - $20 (similar) / Forever 21 vest - 2011 - hand-me-down (similar) / Merona trouser jeans via Target - 2011 - $18 (similar) / Gap belt - 2010 - $10 (similar) / Blake Scott heels via Off Broadway - 2010 - $40 (similar) / AE necklace - 2010 - $7 (similar)

Outfit analysis: I really liked the laid-back vibe of this outfit, and the trousers and oxford keep it office appropriate. The belt and shoes are a nice touch of color.
___

It's flashback time, folks. We're going way back...back to the days when...
  • When it was too dark after work to take outdoor photos (got home after dark again)
  • When it was rainy and cold (high of 60?)
  • When newspaper editors kept their sleeves rolled up and wore vests
This was just one of those mornings...the kind that makes me reach for the trouser jeans. I originally had a gray v-neck sweater over the shirt, but it just got too bulky, since I was a lazy shopper and bought this shirt without trying it on (it's a size too big). The shirt and jeans on their own looked a little too plain, so I grabbed the vest and I was sold. So comfy.

There is something about this outfit that reminds me of the old school newspaper industry. Sort of like in the Newsies. Am I crazy? Either way, I like it.

Do you draw inspiration from your industry's history?

4 comments:

  1. Haha, it totally does look like old-school journalism! And I agree, I love the pop of the color from the belt. It's been rainy here as well, but I don't even bother thinking about my outfits or take photos. Good for you!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the vest! You are looking cute as usual :)
    I can't hate on the weather, the second my ass is stuck to my leather car seats, I am going to be praying it was cold again! hah
    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this outfit. All the proportions work well on you. While I've never seen Newsies this outfit reminds me of what a journalist would wear on casual friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Erica - Haha thanks! I know the feeling...bad weather totally makes me bummed out.

    @ Nikkibit - thanks! I have to admit...I love the warm weather!

    @ My Heart Blogged - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.