Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tweaking the formula

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog ann taylor top hm cardigan old navy trousers calvin klein pumps
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog ann taylor top hm cardigan old navy trousers calvin klein pumps
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog hm cardigan
H&M Cardigan - 2009 - $30 (similar) / Ann Taylor outlet top - 2011 - $20 (similar) / Old Navy trousers - 2006 - $6 (similar) / Calvin Klein pumps via Off Broadway - 2007 - $70 (similar) / Boys belt - 2010 - swapped (similar) / American Eagle outlet necklace - 2011 - $4 (similar) / Nordstrom stud earrings - 2010 - gift card (available)

Outfit analysis: It wasn't until I got home that I realized that this outfit is almost exactly this outfit, but with a different but still jewel-toned shirt and different but still pointy-toed pumps. You might call it a rut, but I call it having a consistent style (err, I will start calling it that, at least). But really, the proportions of this outfit work really well, so why fix something that's not broken? The best part is that this outfit formula works just as well for spring as it did for fall. An outfit for all seasons is all right with me.
___

So remember the first time I dressed to go to the tailor at lunch? Yeah, well this is what I wore when I went back. In the back of my mind I was thinking of my lunchtime errand, and the pieces themselves aren't too complicated (the top has a lot of stretch so it's an easy on/off), but then I go ahead and put my hair up into this ponytail. It looks simple, but it has many parts. So there went my plan of easy undressing (not something I normally dress for, by the way).

What makes this ponytail so interesting? Well it's two ponytails—one on top (which I poufed up a big for body) and one on bottom to catch the rest of my hair without making the poufy ponytail too heavy and weighed down (my hair is not too long but it's pretty heavy). Then I took a piece of hair from where the ponytails met and wrapped it around both ponytails and pinned it. And it worked! Sort of. The poufiness stayed all day, which is no small feat for my limp hair, and no one was the wiser. Unfortunately my hair is layered so the wrapping was very messy, as you can see. Anyway, definitely a hairstyle to try again another time—practice makes perfect!

Oh yes, and my closet inventory from this weekend revealed a surprising fact—I have quite a bit of pink. three shirts, a tank, a scarf, and a dress. This may not seem like a lot, but it took me until I was in my 20s for me to even touch the color, so it's major progress.

Do you have an outfit formula? What item in the formula do you swap most often?

10 comments:

  1. Your hair is so cute! And I agree, styles that go easily from season to season work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I never had anything pink until about a year ago, so I know what you mean! I have like 2 pink shirts and 1 pair of pink pants, and it's almost pink overload. Also, that hairdo is awesome!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have an oufit formula. However the blog helps me keep track and also helps me stay away from wearing the items in the same way over and over. When I am not sure I check the blog and see how I have styled a dress before and make an effort to spice it up in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a classisc outfit. You can never go wrong with a belted cardigan.

    Complex Cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ frannie - Thanks!

    @ erica - good to know it's not just me...I just feel so...pink! lately! Weird stuff. :)

    @ lorena - So true. Although I'm not so good about going back and checking and I do rewear relatively often. :)

    @ jenn - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I love this look! The belt cinches you perfectly and the necklace lays perfectly above your shirt!

    http://preponderance-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your drass and i like very much thankes

    http://www.apparelnbags.com/authentic-pigment/1975-11-oz-pigment-dyed-crew-neck.htm

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.