The sun finally came out this week, so I went on a lunchtime errand run. In n Out really hits the french fry craving.
What a week, huh, folks? I have to admit, I was thrown off quite a bit earlier in the week, what with the Blogger outage (didn't give me much time to pre-write posts), a raging three-day headache, and generally bad mood-age. But the sun is back out and we're up and running again! What a relief.
Move update: I hit a wall last week when I called apartment complexes only to find that folks in Miami really do 30-day notices. In our little college town, fall rentals are signed the previous February (our current apartment was rented out months ago for when we leave). It's weird not to know where you'll be living just a few months from now, but I guess it's not that weird. Case in point: my last semester of grad school I flew back to NYC from CA on a Friday, viewed one apartment and signed a lease that Saturday, and moved in that Sunday (school started on Tuesday). I'm not too worried about finding a place in Florida, but I am a little anxious about where that place might be and am really hoping that things will go smoothly, especially since we won't be able to take a trip out there before we move (isn't going to pencil schedule-wise or finance-wise).
We're looking for a managed apartment building, two parking spots, walking distance to stuff (anything), and at least 600 sf. Anyone have an apt that fits the bill available Aug. 1 in Miami? Just thought I'd check.
While we (since I know you're all waiting for me, too) wait for July to come around so I can find out apartment availability for August, let's look at some links!
Fashion and style
- Jane Has a Job: Peep-toes for the office: in or out?
- Grit & Glamour: Worker V 1.8 and tips for wearing black in spring [Thanks for the shout-out, V!]
- Already Pretty: Reader Request: Accessory-free outfits
- Classy Career Girl: What not to do during an interview
- Salon.com: Graduating college? Good luck!
- Zen Habits: 7 simple tips to deal with negative people
- Chris Brogan: Power up your LinkedIn profile
- The Thin Pink Line Blog: The 10 best hobbies to boost your career
- Ms. Career Girl: Do I look too young to be taken seriously at work?
- Honey We're Home: Simple Mom helpful checklists (I'm not a mom, but this checklist is awesome)
- Lifehacker: 7 tools to help you conquer your allergies
- Design for Mankind: Insane Giveaway: iPad2!!! [I’m posting this to enter a contest offered by MeridaHome at Design For Mankind! I want to win the iPad 2! (and I love Erin’s shoes!)] If you don't already follow Erin's blog or Twitter, you should. Extra dance party goodness for your enjoyment.
- Inspired Magazine: 40 inspirational about page designs
- Problogger: Setting personal and professional boundaries for your blog
- Problogger: 5 ways blogging can make you a better person
- Modly Chic: Work Clothes After Hours [I guest-posted at Katy's blog yesterday!]