Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The lazy shoes

H&M top - 2010 - swapped (similar) / LOFT pencil skirt - 2009 - $13 (similar) / Franco Sarto Hot sandals via Piperlime - 2011 - $45 (available) / Boys canvas and leather belt - 2010 - swapped (similar) / Nancy Rosetta circle ring - 2010 - gift (similar) / Ball chain necklace (similar)

Outfit analysis: This outfit kicked last week's rut right in the butt. Color? Check. Better silhouette? Check. Good mood? Check, check, check. I waffled a bit on adding the belt, but I really like how it brought in the colors of the skirt and shoes. This whole outfit put me in a happier mood, perfect for spring.
___

For the past few Mondays, Bruno Mars "The Lazy Song" has been playing during my morning commute. I don't mind the song at night or on weekends, but it is a major mood-killer when I'm starting a new workweek. Does this kind of stuff bother anyone else?

But speaking of laziness, I feel like mine has taken to new lows (or highs, depending on how you look at it). I realized a few weeks ago that I didn't have any brown strappy sandal heels. I don't know how that happened, but I knew it had to be remedied. So I set about scouring the interwebs for some new kicks. I love the caged look but I found myself thinking about how annoying it is to have to buckle and unbuckle shoes.

Enter these beauties. Caged goodness galore, and a convenient zipper. Plus they were on sale and I used Ebates (need an invite?). Case closed.

Do you look for convenience when you shop or are you willing to take a few more minutes for the sake of style?

22 comments:

  1. That outfit is awesome. Bye bye rut.

    I always cut corners to save time and later I always think how I shouldn't because the extra 2 minutes makes my hair tons better, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are beautiful. I absolutely love them. The whole outfit today is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are absolutely perfect! They totally make the outfit!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shoes. And yes, a back zipper is the best thing in the world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't find much of a difference in time, I'm pretty low maintenance most of the time anyways. I LOVE those shoes!!! I've been wanting a cute pair of cage heels and those are exactly my styleeeeee. Time to scour Piperlime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome shoes! I too need brown strappy sandals. I prefer a wedge. But that outfit kicks major stylish ass. Lovely, not lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looooove this outfit! That purple top is gorgeous on you and those heels are spectacular!

    I tend to want something righthtissecond so I don't shop around much. Then I end up with five different versions of something that don't quite make me happy. Oy I waste too much money that way.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the shoes. I don't know how people wear the ones with a million straps, it seems like it would be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ no guilt fashion - thanks!!

    @ natasha - thankks!

    @ eek - I can't believe I went this long without the zipper. Consider me converted.

    @ sam - I guess that sale was just temporary...but if these do go on sale again I'd recommend them! The straps are a bit loose (as noted by several reviewers) but I don't mind it because then it doesn't cut into your foot as much.

    @ kristi - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gotta say that is a fantastic choice for brown/tan shoes! I love cagey shoes like that but I have yet to find a pair that fits perfectly!

    besos,

    ML
    I'm Back!
    Please come say hello!
    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE your "lazy" shoes! They are super super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The purple is fantastic, and those shoes look amazing. Are they comfortable? I'm definitely more for convenience when I shop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a lovely color on you! (I like it with the cream/taupe/brown, too)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ ML - I never expected to like cagey shoes so much, but they're almost like ventilated booties!

    @ Vanessa - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Obsessed with those shoes! And, regarding the Bruno Mars song, I hated it when I first heard it, but my drive to work forced it into my head every morning, resulting in my finally accepting it into my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ professional - I was the same way with Bruno Mars...wasn't sure if I liked him at first but he grew on me. I'm like that with a lot of songs and artists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey friend your shoes and your pose was outstanding!

    but i want you to know that we are having some product sale over Tuxedo Shirt if you are interested to buy some mens suits. Go hunt and avail a big discount.For some of their product you can visit http://www.mensitaly.com/tools.aspx?id=303

    For more information call us at 1888-7848872

    i think you can afford this as your gift for your boyfriend. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are looking so beautiful. the shoes are really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.