File this one under Shameless Plugs...look who's in Sacramento Magazine's June issue? My heart still skips a beat every time I think about it (and I bought two copies just to remind myself it really happened).
Another Friday? My head is spinning, folks. Anyway, I took the day off to pack and then drive out to the Bay Area for my college roommate's wedding weekend! Thanks to all my Twitter friends that helped me find a hairstyle...I'm going to go for a low, curled/textured updo, but I have some down-do ideas in case the stylist doesn't think my hair is long enough (I'm a bridesmaid...I don't get my hair styled for just any wedding). Monday's a holiday—I tip my hat to those that have given their lives to protect and support our country, and to their families—so I will see you back here at the same bat time, same bat place, on Tuesday.
OH! And the biggest news this week: K filed his dissertation yesterday and is officially Ph.D.ed! What a load off. Now I can hand off dish duty and moving research. Whew (it's been hard, you know).
Some of my fave reads from this week (well, more like Fri-Weds...a little behind on my reading, as always):
Style and fashion
- Articulatory Laziness: DIY maxi dress
- Modly Chic: How to pack lightly for vacation
- Grit and Glamour: Lipstick: Faves, tips, and tricks
- Apartment Therapy: Adding personality & style to your home office
- Pretty Young Professional: 3 ways to answer "What's your biggest weakness?"
- Classy Career Girl: Dear Classy Career Girl ~ Supervising friends
- Ms. Career Girl: Everything I know about job searching, I learned from Star Wars
- The Well-Appointed Desk: Map-lined desk drawers
- Curbed National: Artistry: Woman turns abandoned building into life-size bucket list
- Serious Eats: Seriously Asian: Glutinous rice balls (tang yuan) (one of my favorite chinese desserts of all time...black sesame paste, please!)
- Blogging for Branding: Recap: 21 days to a better business blog challenge (keeping this one bookmarked for when I have 21 days to dedicate to my blog)
- A Working Mom's Closet: Proper Professional: The New Professional (yup, that's me!)