Friday, May 27, 2011

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 05.27.11

File this one under Shameless Plugs...look who's in Sacramento Magazine's June issue? My heart still skips a beat every time I think about it (and I bought two copies just to remind myself it really happened).

Another Friday? My head is spinning, folks. Anyway, I took the day off to pack and then drive out to the Bay Area for my college roommate's wedding weekend! Thanks to all my Twitter friends that helped me find a hairstyle...I'm going to go for a low, curled/textured updo, but I have some down-do ideas in case the stylist doesn't think my hair is long enough (I'm a bridesmaid...I don't get my hair styled for just any wedding). Monday's a holiday—I tip my hat to those that have given their lives to protect and support our country, and to their families—so I will see you back here at the same bat time, same bat place, on Tuesday.

OH! And the biggest news this week: K filed his dissertation yesterday and is officially Ph.D.ed! What a load off. Now I can hand off dish duty and moving research. Whew (it's been hard, you know).

Some of my fave reads from this week (well, more like Fri-Weds...a little behind on my reading, as always):

Style and fashion
Career and office
After hours
Blogging bits
Shameless plugs
What are your plans for the three-day weekend (if you have one)? Any good reads to share this week?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your magazine feature! so exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being in the magazine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your feature in Sacramento Magazine! That's soooo exciting!!!! And if you frame one of those copies, I wouldn't judge or tell anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. angel! congrats on the awesome article. you are doing so great, i'm so proud of you! :)

    and congrats to k on his big, momentous occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!!!!!!.....i only have a two day weekend which am fulling utilizing by ctaching up on much needed sleep!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ alterations needed - thank you!

    @ basiccravings - thanks@

    @ nicole - great idea. :P

    @ t - thanks, love!

    @ shooting star - sleep sounds awesome. Our weekend was so full I didn't get to catch up on much, but it was soooo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!!

    I am super impressed - getting published like that! Too bad we don't have that mag here, I'd totally buy it!

    besos,

    ML
    I'm Back!
    Please come say hello!
    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Cngrats ! I'd be soooo excited too !

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ ML - Thank you darling! I was hoping they'd put this article online, but it looks like it was print-only. I'll see if they're ok with a scan. :)

    @ Lorena - Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your shameless plugs- they are always so deserving- and good reads!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.