Thursday, April 21, 2011

Simple with a twist

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual mossimo dress target gap corsage cardigan sale nine west peeptoe pumps american eagle necklace belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual mossimo dress target gap corsage cardigan sale nine west peeptoe pumps american eagle necklace belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual mossimo dress target gap corsage cardigan sale american eagle necklace
Gap corsage cardigan - 2011 - $20 on sale (available) / Mossimo dress via Target - 2011 - $20 on sale (similar) / Nine West peep-toes via Ross - 2009 - $25 (similar) / American Eagle outlet necklace - 2011 - $4 on sale (similar) / Target silver ball stud earrings - 2010 - $5 for two pairs (similar) / Belt taken off an old suit (similar)

The first time I wore this dress I went super-simple. I just wanted to see how it fit and lasted the day. Now that I know, I'm having some fun with it. And I just love how this turned out! Have you ever had one of those days? I just did. And I don't know if there's actually some look good, work hard cause-effect going on, but this was a productive day!

A note to those who suggested the straight iron Monday--I almost forgot I owned one! And boy were y'all right. This wonderful hair day is thanks to you (and the straight iron). I'm still wary of too much heat styling (my hair was traumatized by the body wave perm I did four years ago and I'm babying it to get it back to health), but I do think I'll be using the straight iron more often.

What worked
The dress. The cardigan. The belt. The shoes (showing off my pedicure from this weekend). The hair. The jewels.

What didn't
Nada. Zilch. There, I said it.

Do you think there is a tangible look good - feel good/work hard/great day effect? Does it work the other way, too?

10 comments:

  1. im liking the look and ur right, its prefect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this for work! So classy and commanding. I definitely think I have a more productive/better day when I feel like I look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look, it has totally inspired me to start trying to dress up again for the office (I'm in a lazy-lull). The sleek grey dress with the ruffled cardigan and peep toe pumps, is magic. This outfit is pretty much the epitome of a perfect office outfit. love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this outfit. I need to wear my little black dress like this more.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angeline--this is really polished and comfortable looking. No wonder you had a productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic! That dress is so chic, that cardigan is adorable and anything belted makes me instantly happy.

    I do think I tend to be more productive when I'm comfortable, both physically and in confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @shooting star - thank you!

    @jessica - me too! glad to know it's not just me.

    @sorren - I'm usually lazy, too, but this was so simple it felt like I was being lazy. I wore jeans three times this week. Oops. :)

    @my heart blogged - oo I'd love to see that!

    @terri - thank you! that is such a compliment coming from you.

    @melissa - thanks! You hit it on the nail--it's confidence! this is definitely a confident outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweater in this post and the cowl neck top you featured a few posts back have both really inspired me to try different silhouettes. I actually purchased a cowl neck top but am holding off on an unusual sweater shape until I am less guilted by monthly purchases. I hope you know how inspiring a blog about professional style is for someone like me who really enjoys style but felt like I couldn't express myself at work for the longest time. Now, I just feel like I need to figure out how to amp up my off time style. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @destrehan's daughter - aww, that is so cool! I feel so honored. :) I would definitely wait until you feel comfortable to purchase. I'm with you on struggling in non-work hours...for so many years I subsisted on old jeans, tanks and flip flops. Still a daily struggle for me on weekends.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.