Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Faux bag

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog nine west boots oneill skirt vintage belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog nine west boots oneill skirt vintage belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog nine west boots oneill skirt vintage belt
Three-quarter sleeve blazer via Gottschalk's - 2009 - $12 on sale (similar) / Cream tee - 2010 - swapped (similar) / O'Neill skirt via Ross - 2007 - cheap (similar) / Nine West outlet boots - 2009 - $50 (similar) / Vintage belt via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Leaf necklace via Vanity Lounge Salon - 2010 - $22 (similar)

Ever since I saw Faith at Love Fox Vintage belt my red skirt into a paper-bag-esque waist with my own belt, I've been dying to try it. The red skirt is currently in the hamper, so I grabbed my brown skirt and gave it a go. The result was a little less convincing, but not too bad.

I have to confess that lately I've been a bit wiped—drained, pooped, beat, whatever you want to call it. It's a mix of bipolar weather (the dreary parts really get to me) and the general busyness of a life in transition (more on that later).

What I am, though, is motivated and full of ideas...in life, at work, at home, and with this blog.

Now I've just gotta get those two to jive. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

What worked
I love piling on the neutrals...this outfit has beige, brown, tan, and gray/silver. I tried on a few different blazers with this (including the green one), but this is the one that worked.

What didn't
I'm not sure this was the best skirt to try the paper bag on. I did score a real paper bag skirt (as in it was meant to be worn that way) this weekend at the BR Factory sale, so maybe I should just stop being a poser and wear the real thing.

What season of life are you in? How are you handling it?

7 comments:

  1. Love your boots.....& the way you've thrown in all the neutrals together... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same way lately! I work all day teaching, and when I get home I plop down on the computer to work on my blog and shop until I got to bed. Yesterday I only stopped to eat and wash dishes! It's only the excitement of opening my own online shop that keeps me motivated. Sometimes though, that's all it takes for that little bit of extra energy.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. The proportions of this outfit are awesome on you, and I really like all the neutrals. I am currently in a big changes season. I am going back to college this summer. I feel like there is so much going on but I'm still really excited.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been really feeling the paper-bag waist look, and I love how you went about making yours work for the office. I love all the neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the boots and belt! Can't wait to read about your good ideas! Love that motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @polka princess - thank you!

    @nikknaks - oh yes! can't wait to see the shop! I get little bursts of energy...gotta take what you can get!

    @my heart blogged - That is so exciting! I definitely think having a larger goal in mind is really helpful in motivating and getting you through the day. Personally, I love being busy with busywork and activities--it forces me to get more done in the little periods of time that I'm home. It's hardest when all my projects are in the house...I get distracted so easily.

    @sorren - thanks!

    @classy career girl - oh, I'm sure y'all will get an earful. My mind can barely keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.