- Conference for work (business casual): Wednesday-Friday
- College roomie's bachelorette (massages, dinner/drinks): Friday-Sunday
- Method of transportation: Driving (Sac-SF, SF-So Cal, So Cal-Sac)
- 3 pairs of shoes
- 2 pairs of pants
- 1 dress
- 2 skirts
- 1 blazer
- 2 cardigans
- 1 short-sleeve shirt
- 2 sleeveless tops
- 2 belts
- 2 bikinis
- 5 days of unders (in the bag)
- 4 toiletry bags (one for lotions, one for contact lens stuff, one for makeup, one for supplies)
- 1 jewelry pouch
- 1 tech pouch (chargers, headphones, travel mouse, etc.)
Some tips on packing:
- I lay my shoes on their sides and then in a plastic bag. Unless I'm carrying anything heavy-ish, shoes go toward the bottom of the suitcase (when it's upright). That way they don't press down on the clothes and wrinkle them as badly.
- Many little bags are easier to pack than a few large bags.
- This suitcase doesn't have a garment area, so I folded the blazer with the lapels out and laid it on top. First thing I did in the hotel was take it out and hang it up.
- If you wear pajamas, I recommend placing them in last. Usually they're the first thing you'll want to grab.
- I had mostly sleeveless tops, but if you have long sleeves, I leave the sleeves hanging over and fold them over on top at the end. Almost like your tops are hugging everything else on top of them.
What did I end up wearing and what got left behind? Check back tomorrow. :)
Are you a heavy or light packer? Any tips?