Thursday, January 20, 2011

I-wish-it-weren't-winter white

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional business casual white ann taylor loft corduroy trousers marisa target top gap sweater red heels
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional business casual target top gap sweater
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional business casual white ann taylor loft corduroy trousers marisa red heels

The Rundown
Target dobby dot shirt - 2009 - $14 (similar)
Gap sweater - 2005 - $19 (similar)
Ann Taylor Loft corduroy trousers (Marisa cut) - 2006 or earlier - $30ish (similar)
Blake Scott red heels via DSW - 2010 - $40 (similar)
Earrings via Kohl's - 2008 - cheap (similar)

I have no idea when I bought these pants and just a vague idea of how much they were. I know it was before I got married. It may even have been when I was in college. All I know is that they've been sitting at the bottom of a box for the past 3+ years.  And they fit! How fun. I love corduroy. And I should wear these pants more.

What worked
The fun textures!  Dobby dots, cable knit, and corduroy. What's more fun than those?  Wish I had some more color in a texture, though I liked that no two items were the same color.

What didn't
I should have ironed these. But even though I thought about it earlier, I didn't. It was actually more wrinkled before I went to work.

Little trick I hacked this morning--spray some water on the wrinkled area with a spray bottle, and use your hair dryer to dry the area while you pull it taut. I recommend a spray bottle because you don't want it sopping wet (it will take too long to dry) but you don't want it to be too clumpy/spotty, either. I use water when ironing when I don't feel like starching, too.


Have you ever had a major find at the back of your closet or bottom of your dresser?

8 comments:

  1. I love this! I love the layers and the pop of color in the shoes. You look great!

    I don't have a "real" closet right now, so I don't have a bottom for anything to get lost. Kind of sad, but kind of a good thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I'll use my flat iron to iron collars, sleeves and hems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture combination!

    I actually found that vintage 70's skirt that I emailed you a pic of for the tall boots submissions in the back of my closet earlier this year. A former employer gave me the whole suite years ago - she actually wore it back in the 70's. I had completely forgotten about it but I've now added it into winter/fall rotation. The blazer is really cute too, but I wear them as separates.

    Also found a great olive green chunky Calvin Klein sweater hiding on an upper shelf. bought it back in 07 and wore maybe once. Its perfect for this winter though. Its exciting to find great clothes that you forgot you owned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of red with your shoes! That's such a fun little touch.

    My family and I have relocated eight times in the last twelve years. There are boxes in my garage that haven't ever been unpacked. The other day I was rummaging around in there and dug up a velveteen blazer with the tags still on. I never even wore it. It was like getting a present from myself!

    www.dresswithcourage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started following your blog. You have a great sense of style and I enjoy your posts.

    http://cupcakeadventures12.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the water and hair dryer trick. I seem to have frequent occasions to try it...because my closet is over full.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love cords too! I bought a pair from the Gap and have yet to get the hemmed *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ melissa - thanks! I don't have much of a closet either, that's why this was at the bottom of a box under my bed! talk about out of sight, out of mind.

    @ fashion flirt - great idea!

    @ rachel - so loving that skirt!

    @ elissa - oh how fun! (well the find part, not the moving part)

    @ michelle - thanks and welcome!

    @ terri - yeah, i am sooo lazy about ironing. and when I do it does tend to get messed up anyway cuz my closet is squished. time to clean out, i guess!

    @ curls-and-pearls - yeah, i go back and forth on cords in general, but i just have to hang on to these for some reason. I'm glad i did!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.