Thursday, January 6, 2011

A bob and boots


The Rundown:
Open-front cardigan - 2010 - $12 (similar)
Cream tee - 2010 - swap (similar)
Old Navy corduroy skirt - 2006 or 07 - no idea but probably around $10 (similar)
Brown studded belt - 2010 - swap (similar)
Nine West outlet boots - 2009 - $45 (similar)
Forever 21 chain bracelet - 2010 - $5 (similar)
Nancy Rosetta circle ring - 2010 - gift (similar)

An oldie but a goodie. I hosted book club at my house last night and didn't get a pic, but yesterday was a photoshoot day at work and I wore jeans. (Other duties as assigned--lucky for me I've been cut out of the final photos for nearly all of the photoshoots I've had to be in so far.  Crossing my fingers.)  This is from the end of October, right after I cut my hair and right before I jumped into the 30 for 30.

What worked:
The color of the cardigan (so bright!).  The comfortable corduroy.  The studded belt.

What didn't:
May be more appropriate for Casual Fridays in some offices.  I would have liked it better with tights and a necklace (to break up the high crew-neck tee). But overall it's definitely an outfit I'd wear again.

My hair has grown quite a bit in the past three months.  I think I'm going to grow it out, but have had moments where I've seriously pondered keeping it short.  For curiosity sake (I can't promise I'll act on it), I'm going to throw the question out to you all:

Should I keep my hair short or grow it back out?

If I grow it out I would like to try a different style than the long hair before (maybe different bangs, less layers).  For a rundown of my various hair lengths over the past 10 months, see this post.

14 comments:

  1. I love the color of that cardigan! I love the drapey effect it has as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's not any help, but I really do like your hair in any of those styles. I'm partial to the bun. I just like buns. I don't know why. But it's really cute short too, and I dont think you'll have much of an "awkward" stage becasue of the (awesome) texture of your hair...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the precise outfit analysis in your posts. And you're right; the bright cardigan looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My very favorite hair on you is the first cut (the shoulder-length angled) and the same cut in the second pic curled. It looks SO nice on you (though they real all do). I just find that to be the most flattering! Hair can be so tough, I'm considering a change too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am also a fan of #1 -- long angled bob grown out! or as gwyneth paltrow would call it, a "lob" (long bob).

    you look absolutely adorable either way, and my hair is jealous that your hair grows so much faster!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog today and I am definitely book markig it, love!

    besos,

    ML
    Happy, Happy New Year!

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great casual look.

    I am typically partial to short hair and I think you look great in all lengths but for some reason I am particularly drawn to you with past-shoulder length hair with no bangs. Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color of that cardi! You've got some major good hair, it seriously looks good all different ways! My face is probably the shoulder length angled, both straight & curled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color of the cardigan works great on you. I clicked on over to the hair post and I really like your hair in the should length angle cut with the side bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today I choose long hair. but i'm letting my hair grow so maybe tomorrow I'll cut my hair and decide to tell you to keep it short.

    I really like this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just linked over here from Hope's blog, and wanted to say that you are adorable! I love that cardigan, I have been looking for a cute one in that color myself!

    MixandMatchFashion

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd need to see samples of what hair styles youre going for before i make my decision. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ kinsey - thanks! I do love the color.

    @ work with what you've got - thanks...I do like to put my hair up, although I've yet to get a good bun technique down. Maybe when this grows out a bit.

    @ alanarama - thank you!

    @ hope - I think that's my fave, too.

    @ annie - I know! I can't believe my hair has grown so fast! I've had nearly every length of hair within the past year. eesh.

    @ 20 York Street - Welcome!

    @ eek - thanks...I've never had fully no-bangs...I've been tempted but I start feeling awkward and usually cut them to long bangs or something.

    @ ashley - thanks! That one seems to be popular.

    @ elle - thank you!

    @ colleen - that's exactly how I feel! I literally do a 180 degree every other day. Oh well.

    @ cubiclechic - thanks! It is pretty fun.

    @ tara - thanks for stopping by!

    @ t - I have no idea what I'm going for--that's why I need some help!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.