Monday, January 31, 2011

Make Believe Monday | Silky scarf

I love scarves. I love summer. I love scarves that can work for summer. So I'm going to ignore the pile of chunky and knit scarves sitting in my closet today and concentrate on the silky pretty stuff that I wish I were wearing instead. A light scarf. A silky scarf.*

*Silky, because silk can be expensive. Anything light with a smooth feel (perhaps a little shine or sheen, too) works for me.

A light, silky scarf is a great accessory, whether you wear it around your head or waist like Jessica, to the office like Lindsay, or around your neck like Sally. It's all season. It comes in prints, patterns, or solids. And in various shapes--long and thin, square, shorter.  I've got a few light scarves that I found vintage or got from swaps, but I could definitely use some bulking up in this area (without bulking up my closet storage, since they're so thin).

Scarves are the ultimate accessory and a great way to infuse a pop of color.  Toss it on over a dress, collared shirt, crew-neck tee, basic tank.  The possibilities are endless. Not sure where to put it? Tie one on to your purse strap.

Here are some of my silky scarf picks for under $50. Vintage and thrift stores are also a great place to find scarves in fun patterns (like my elephant).


Do you like silky scarves? What is your favorite way to wear them?  Where do you find the best ones?

8 comments:

  1. i love scarves!! it's the perfect colorful accessory. funny enough, i actually am wearing one today (i'll post a pic tomorrow). what a coincidence!

    cute and little
    come join the Color Brigade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...I just found your blog through a Tweet Katy just did...love it!!! So happy to meet you...new follower:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Check out my 30x30 Remix….Let’s do this!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scarves and definitely need to get a couple that will work for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring! I have a couple of awesome vintage Vera scarves that I bought off of Ebay. They were inexpensive and shipping was minimal because you can just stick them in an envelope. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, i like scarves too, but am afraid of looking too retro (as a headband) or airline stewardess like (around my neck) when wearing them. around the waist if a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ cute and little - oo I'll have to check it out!

    @ collette - you, too! it's been fun twittering with you. :)

    @ kelsey - me too...they come in such pretty colors and patterns.

    @ deb - o nice! ebay is a great idea.

    @ neurp - yeah, me too. I think tied to a purse is a great way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link love! I am currently expanding the scarf collection and am going vintage. So many full-priced (although pretty) ones are over $150, boo.

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.