Gap Favorite V-neck T - 2011 - $7 on sale (available) / Yellow strapless smocked dress worn as skirt - 2010 - swap (similar) / Vintage belt via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Black wood bead necklace - 2010 - swap (similar) / Target metallic flip flops - 2009 - $7 (similar)
[Worn: 09.16.11 | To: Write, write and work]
I love finding new uses for old pieces. This skirt is actually a tube dress, and it's one of my favorites for the beach. Yup, this is my go-to swim coverup. I think this is the second time I've worn it when not going to the beach, and the first time it's made it out of the house. Why in the world did I not do this earlier? The belt really makes the look, and the flip flops seemed just right with the casual fabric of the skirt.
My birthday is tomorrow, and fall officially begins on Friday. Things I'm looking forward to this season:
- The end of storm season. We've been really lucky in South Florida so far, only a few more months to go until glorious winter. We got a crash course in storm prep when Irene was still threatening Florida, so we're as ready as we can be, but you never know what you don't know until something happens.
- Going home. My new nephew enters this world next month, and a few weeks after that I'm headed out to So Cal to help my sis-in-law out around the house and with the boys (baby and his 3 1/2-year-old big bro). So excited to do Halloween with them!
- Fall TV. We had planned to get rid of cable TV when we moved, but our building (and rent) comes with basic, so we still have just about all our favorite channels (minus glaring holes ESPN and FX). My faves: Fringe, Glee, The Office, Bones, and How I Met Your Mother. I'm not addicted. I'm not addicted. I'm not addicted?
- Getting unpacked. As you may have seen on my Facebook page, I have a new bookshelf background in my recent outfit pics. Still not completely unpacked yet, but getting really, really close.
- Learning to run. I'm mostly looking forward to this. After discovering the amazing scenery of a nearby trail, I've decided I'd like to start running...err, learning how to run without feeling like I'm dying. The goal? I'd like to be able to run one mile without stopping by the end of the year, something I have never done in my life. Wish me luck!