It's been exactly a week since our stuff was finally delivered, and I've been in major unpacking and cleaning mode all week (with a small project for my old employer thrown in...yay for work!). The dust is really kicking my allergies and eczema into high gear, so we're heading to Ikea this weekend to grab some more storage and unpack the rest of this stuff. Things are fitting in quite nicely, though!
While I'm allen-wrenching yet another Expedit into place this weekend, why don't you check out some of my favorite reads from this week?
- Men are encouraged to keep a "touch of gray" in their hair for a more distinguished look, but does that same advice apply to women? Corporette delves into the topic.
- I have a hard time finding bangles and jewelry that fit my wrist and my style (I'm picky). ModlyChic's clay bangle DIY is so easy, I'm excited to start making my own to fit my style!
- On another DIY kick...I'm predicting some of K's dingy white shirts will be getting a makeover soon, a la Pixie in Pumps cropped striped tee tutorial.
- Our little LC is growing up...check out her 8 work attire commandments over at the Grindstone.
- I'm drawing a blank right now in setting up my new home office, but Inspired Magazine's feature of famous office environments (Google, Skype, etc.) is just that...inspired!
- A $5M closet. Enough said. [via Curbed National]
- For the petites out there...Alterations Needed (a longtime fave) has launched a new project: Hemmed.com. Check it out!
- I can't tell you how many times having a USB drive in my purse has come in handy. I'm thinking my freebie logo-ed deal needs an upgrade to this bag charm USB drive. [Thanks, Angie, for the heads up on this one!]
- Forbes Woman tells us why women will help shape the future of work (and how we already have).
- Loving this executive coloring book. [via Shoplet blog]
- Menswear is a huge trend this fall, but mens shirts? Check out this awesome video showing the many ways women can style a mens shirt (hint, as a shirt doesn't even come up until the end). [via Juniper James, tipped off by Citizen Rosebud]