Friday, September 9, 2011

A night out and regional style [outfit]

miami fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional esley dress j and company jeans kate spade heels
miami fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional esley dress j and company jeans kate spade heels
Esley dress worn as top - 2009 - $63 (similar) / J & Company jeans via Renew Denim - 2009 - $40 on sale (similar) / Kate Spade pumps - 2011 - gift (similar) / J. Crew belt - 2011 - $10 on sale (similar) / Thrifted clutch - 2004 - cheap (similar) / NY & Co. mesh bangle - 2010 - gift (similar) / Tiffany venetian link bracelet - 2011 - gift card + gift (available; similar) / Forever 21 large link bracelet - 2010 - $5 (similar)
[Worn: 09.08.11 | To: Fashion's Night Out in Coral Gables, FL]

Fashion events are not something that's usually on my schedule, and I always draw a blank on what to wear. Luckily, I have you all by my side and through quick and insightful tweets and Facebook comments, you all (really, all) picked this option: the belted dress and skinny jean combo. Several of you mentioned throwing a blazer on top, so I brought along my trusty black one, making this outfit almost exactly like this previous one.

A few of you mentioned that the jeans might be a little underdressed, but to be honest...I wasn't so sure. But I have to admit...I felt a tad underdressed (there were some women in full-length gowns, but not many). I feel that way a lot here, hence my little personal goal for the month. I've heard from many non-Californians who had been transplanted into the Golden State how laid-back California style was compared to general style elsewhere (especially the Northeast and South), but I never really understood what they were talking about. But I'm starting to.

And so, in the muggy heat, I kept that blazer on all night. And I have you friends to thank.

Have you noticed any regional style differences in your moves or travels?

10 comments:

  1. Wow I think you look fantastic! Unless it's a formal event like a wedding I usually show up in jeans! I have to work with what's in my wardrobe right? And some events I go to are after work (I have a casual work environment) so if it's not summertime then I'm likely in jeans! Until I start getting paid to go to posh events then I won't be overhauling my wardrobe drastically anytime soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you looked great for the event! I was at Saks last night for FNO and it was seriously a competition of who had the latest chanel bag sporting the largest diamond ring, yeah...I think I saw sevler 8+ carat centerstone rings that could have blinded me! Just wear what represents and suits you best because we all know what happens when we wear things we're not comfortable in...our.face.says.it.all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so much fun! I love your dress as a top. What a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this look! I used to live in Boston and when I moved back home (to Halifax, NS) I immediately noticed how different and much more casual the style is here. Now when I go to Boston to visit friends I have to remind myself of the dressier style and pack accordingly so I don't end up feeling like a slob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this turned out great. I love all of the silver accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this look--I think it is all the silver accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute outfit! I love that dress/top!!!! You looked so rocker chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Sal - Thanks!

    @ No Guilt Fashion - me too. I've been trying to branch out into gold, but I definitely lean toward silver. It's just so badass. :)

    @ angie - Thanks! The blazer really helped it look more rocker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know when I travel, I notice different styles. So far every place was dressed up more except for Colorado.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.