Friday, September 23, 2011

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 09.23.11

Birthday cards! I love snail mail. 

Happy Friday, folks! This weekend is gearing up to be chock full of good stuff, so this post will be short and sweet. Some of my favorite reads this week:
  • The Grindstone discusses how fathers affect their daughters approach to career. I didn't follow in my dad's career, but we were in the same industry for a bit (city government), and I did feel confident and comfortable there because my dad always made it seem so accessible.
  • How about this office pod? I think I'd get lonely. [via The Office Stylist]
  • It's one thing to have your boss micromanage you, but what about when they just won't give you anything? Corporette give some great tips on how to encourage a boss to delegate.
  • The next Everybody, Everwear theme is DIY, and I'm loving the tutorials bloggers have shared so far. My favorite has to be Cotton & Curls' skinny pants DIY...I have the perfect pair of chinos that need to be refreshed and can't wait to try this.
  • I love my home office, but there are certainly days where I consider schlepping to the nearest coffee shop for better food and drink. But what are the etiquette rules for working in a public place? Mashable asks baristas and their customers and gets the answers for us.
  • Unfortunately, my office chair is a little more complicated in construction and shape than this one, but I love this dressed up office chair featured on Apartment Therapy. 
What good reads did you find online (or offline) this week?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the links)) I love to have all the cool stuff in one place, and you're making a great job creating these posts))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! It's nice that my blog addiction can be enjoyed by others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posting! Thanks for sharing some cool links. I love the tutorial blog! I can’t wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ classycareergirl - isn't it great? I can't wait to carve out some crafty time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.