Birthday cards! I love snail mail.
Happy Friday, folks! This weekend is gearing up to be chock full of good stuff, so this post will be short and sweet. Some of my favorite reads this week:
- The Grindstone discusses how fathers affect their daughters approach to career. I didn't follow in my dad's career, but we were in the same industry for a bit (city government), and I did feel confident and comfortable there because my dad always made it seem so accessible.
- How about this office pod? I think I'd get lonely. [via The Office Stylist]
- The NFL expands their fan gear options for women, but really? Would you wear a rhinestone studded fan tee to happy hour or the office? I'd rather have a (non-pink) jersey any day. [via USA Today]
- It's one thing to have your boss micromanage you, but what about when they just won't give you anything? Corporette give some great tips on how to encourage a boss to delegate.
- The next Everybody, Everwear theme is DIY, and I'm loving the tutorials bloggers have shared so far. My favorite has to be Cotton & Curls' skinny pants DIY...I have the perfect pair of chinos that need to be refreshed and can't wait to try this.
- I love my home office, but there are certainly days where I consider schlepping to the nearest coffee shop for better food and drink. But what are the etiquette rules for working in a public place? Mashable asks baristas and their customers and gets the answers for us.
- Katy from Modly Chic shows how knowing your measurements can help you find more flattering clothes.
- The Grindstone asks: Is giving up your career for your spouse ever a good idea? There's no one right answer to this, but as you might guess, it's a bit of a personal topic for me. For the record, I've given up a job, but not my career.
- If you ever need a good time waster (and we all do from time to time) check out Mashable's list of 10 entertaining Tumblr blogs about your parents.
- Would you ever outsource your job search? [via Stepcase Lifehack]
- Unfortunately, my office chair is a little more complicated in construction and shape than this one, but I love this dressed up office chair featured on Apartment Therapy.