Thursday, September 15, 2011

Favorites and not-so-favorites

Striped sweater via Marshall's - 2011 - $12 (similar) / BR Factory Store pants - 2009 - $20 on sale (similar) / Enzo Angiolini peep-toes via Nordstrom - 2007 - $70 on sale (similar) / Kate Spade doodles necklace - 2011 - gift (similar)
[Worn: 09.13.11 | To: Dress for Success]

After being away from my work clothes for so long, I was dying to get back into some work slacks. (wow, that's not a sentence you hear everyday.) These are my favorite. They're getting a little snug, so I reached for a looser top. In hindsight, I wish I'd added some more color. My trusty red pumps are currently out of commission (missing a heel tip), but they would have been a great anchor to this outfit. But then they'd clash with the coral necklace. Oh, what the heck.

My favorite pants somehow made their way into a not-so-favorite outfit. I think they can redeem themselves, though.

Do you have a favorite item that sometimes just doesn't work, no matter how much you love it?

5 comments:

  1. I love the site changes, and I think you should try the red pumps with that coral necklace. similar colors like that look great together sometimes. I am also still in love with that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the monochrome, with that little pop of coral. Don't sell yourself short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great look. It would be great with some color, but it is also great on its own as well. The top looks super comfy and I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like it. The monochromatic gray with the red looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the monochrome also. The pop of coral is nice with it. Love the trousers!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.