Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Casual Tuesday [outfit]

Gap blazer - 2006 - $40? / Ann Taylor outlet top - 2011 - $20 / Rockabilly jeans from Renew Denim - 2010 - $30? / Calvin Klein pumps from Off Broadway - 2007 - $70 on sale / Braided leather belt from Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 / Oblong hoop earrings, probably from Target or Kohl's - 2009 - cheap

Back in action after Thanksgiving! It was so nice to see friends and family, and totally gave me new motivation to get to work. We did our regular rounds: K's grandpa's house (Thanksgiving Day), my parents' house (home base), my girlfriends (twice!), and K's best friend (though we could have done without the food poisoning).

Since this was our first trip together since we moved out to Miami, I learned a few valuable lessons. First, FLL is not always cheaper than MIA, but MIA is always closer and should be chosen whenever possible. Second, red-eye flights, once my saving grace when I was young and energetic, are a really bad idea now. My body does not adjust as well as it used to. Our return trip started at 11pm PST and ended at 12:45pm EST the next day, and it still cost an arm and a leg. Um...anyone want to do Thanksgiving in Miami next year? I'm volunteering to host.

Back to the outfit.

We're finally getting into winter here Miami, which means it's in the 70s now. So I pulled out my trusty blazer. Although I usually wear it open, it was looking a little boxy so I buttoned it up. Not bad, still fits. I really liked the classic silhouette and how the color of the top and the sleeve lining really pop. I stayed with a brown belt on this even though I'm wearing a black blazer and shoes (and used a black bag, too).

My formula for mixing black and brown is either multiples of each, or multiples of one and a single pop of the other (yes, I totally made this up on my own). I'll rarely wear just one brown item and just one black item, but if there are three or more black/brown opportunities, I'll mix it up.

What "rules" have you made up for yourself (sartorially or otherwise)?

5 comments:

  1. This is a nice casual look. I really like your hair, too. It looks so different in a good way, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angeline, those are beautiful jeans - your legs look miles long! Every professional needs a trusty blazer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't let myself wear too much jewelry. i only let myself wear three of the following four categories: rings, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. though, strangely, i can wear multiples of each. :)

    and since i nearly always wear earrings and a ring, i have to choose between a necklace and a bracelet.

    not sure why i have this "rule" but i think it works well with my simple style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ step - That's interesting! I have a "rule" for dangly earrings...I don't usually wear a necklace (or at least not a big one...just something simple on a chain) when I wear dangles. But I don't wear them often. Lately I've been in a "pile it on" mood, so it's usually earrings (studs), necklace(s), bracelet, and lots of rings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grеate pіecеs. Κеep wгiting
    ѕuch kind of іnformation on уοuг ρage.

    Im reаlly imρгessed by your
    blog.
    Нello theгe, You've performed an excellent job. I'll сertaіnlу digg
    it and peгsonally геcommenԁ to my fгіends.
    I'm sure they'll be benefited frοm thiѕ web site.

    click through the up coming page

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.