Thursday, November 3, 2011

Modern Mad Men [Guest post]

10.17.2011 1
LOFT blouse, $4 | The Limited Plainweave Contour Waist Skirt in Tuxedo Black, $60 | Ann Taylor Perfect Patent Skinny Belt, $4 | L'eggs Silken Mist hose in nude, $4 | Nine West "Vexo" pumps in black, $50 | Stella & Dot Goddess Teardrop Earrings | Stella & Dot Tribute Bracelet | Stella & Dot Signature Clover Bangle
worn October 17, 2011 to work
10.17.2011 2

Hey there!  I'm Jeanna.  I'm so happy to be guest posting for Angeline while she's away helping her sister-in-law out with the new baby!

I blog about my style and daily outfits over at Third Floor Closet.  Since I work in the finance industry, most of my work outfits tend to be on the more professional side.  Perfect fit for The New Professional, right?

The Mad Men/50s-60s look is really on trend right now.  This is my take on modernizing the look for today's office.  It's an easy formula, really:

ladylike blouse + pencil skirt + pumps + a few modern details = retro modern office outfit

Since the neckline of this blouse is so busy and ruffly, I skipped a necklace and opted instead for a couple of stacked bracelets and a shiny pair of earrings.  I further accessorized with a skinny black patent belt to add a little definition to the waist area. 

One point I must stress: The absolute key to this look is a nude-colored camisole.  So many of these types of tops are sheer silk or polyester  which are NOT office appropriate by themselves.  Trust me, a nude cami is your friend.

So that's my outfit for today!  I hope you'll stop by and visit sometime or just say hello!  Now let's all count down the days until Angeline returns, shall we?

6 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Thanks for sharing!
    http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is beautiful! Thank you Angeline for introducing us to Jeana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful outfit! I love the shirt, I need more pretty blouses for work!

    Check out my blog if you're interested! I'm hosting my first give-away!

    My Growing Obsessions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeanna for the great guest post! Love this outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really LIKE your taste there... thanks for sharing this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.