Thursday, November 17, 2011

Slick [outfit]

Ann Taylor Loft top - 2005 - ? / Merona trouser jeans from Target - 2011 - $18 on sale / Franco Sarto heels from Piperlime - 2011 - $45 on sale

Reminiscing on last week's story reminded me of this tie-neck top (the other remaining part of my interview outfit). Yup, still love it.

In my procrastination of doing anything to my hair, my bangs have grown out to the point where they can be completely tied back into my ponytail. Usually, I only wear my hair this way for working out, but I decided to try it for a normal day of errands and volunteering. I got a few compliments on it, but I'm not fully convinced yet—I've always had bangs of some sort (and I still sort of have sweepy bangs when my hair is down), and I'm not sure I'm ready to go bang-less.

Do you switch from bangs to no bangs? What do you take into consideration?

7 comments:

  1. I love the neckline on that shirt. I haven't had bangs since I was 14 because I just couldn't deal with them in my face all the time. Mine were the tall puffy kind that I grew out and then I chopped my hair into a bob so I could blend it all together. I have never regretted that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go back and forth every few years, and I always decide to grow them out because I want all my hair to go back in a pony tail/braid. But then I later decide that I look better with some sort of side swept bang, and have to start putting effort into my hair again. It's really a decision of how lazy I want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they can be put in a normal/low ponytail, are they still considered bangs?

    I love the chic modern outfit today!
    http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm procrastinating on my hair too. I have no clue what to do with it. I think you look great without bangs :)

    Cute oufit- love the top. Those pants are really flattering to your figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Keisha - Ha! I hear ya. The sideswept look is much higher maintenance than it looks.

    @ Christine - Good question! I'm not sure. Mine is still a little wispy (had to hairspray this down), so I still count them as bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blouse!

    And no bangs ever again. Cowlicks, dontcha know :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Lynne - Thanks! I hear ya...I've always had bangs, but they rarely act the way they're supposed to.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.