Friday, November 11, 2011

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 11.11.11

My goal this week was to meet all my deadlines (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday-Thursday), and my reward was cracking open (err...clicking to open) Mindy Kaling's new book. I have a mad girl-crush on her right now. Sensational.


Happy Veterans' day, y'all! Please take some time today to shower thanks on those that have served our grand old country and let them know that you appreciate them.

After hectic week I'm excited to take a break today and tomorrow (Sunday afternoons are really productive for me so Friday and Saturday usually make up my weekend). Hitting up a Marilyn Monroe exhibit opening today and hoping to check out the Arboleda Vintage and Handmade Crafts Festival tomorrow (after my group run...not looking forward to that).

Some good stuff from around the Internets. Like I mentioned earlier this week, I'm a little sick of shopping and clothes, and have been reading mostly informative, career-related articles.
What good reads have you found lately? Feel free to fill in my lack of fashion and style links with some of your own recent faves in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. I have Tina Fey's book on my pile to bring on vacation next week - and now I've been hearing so many good things about Mindy Kaling's that I think I'll have to add it to my list! (Also, are you exercising and reading simultaneously? I wish I could master that... I always end up feeling a little sea-sick!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Mindy Kaling's book and I LOVED it. I had no idea that she was only 3 years older than me. It's people like her that make me feel like a slacker. Have you read Tina Fey's book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had any time to read any books since I completed my MBA in June! I need to find something called time..which is rare these days! So glad you enjoyed the interview with my mom, and hopefully we'll see a pix of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ bridget - I haven't read Tina Fey's book yet, but it's on my list of to-reads. And I'm totally with you on feeling like slacker. Even worse: Mark Zuckerberg is YOUNGER than me. What am I doing with my life?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. article / video on an origami apartment - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/12/origami-apartment-manhattan_n_1090073.html

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-macaray/american-exceptionalism_b_1088981.html i don't have a favorite hero, but it would most likely be someone who championed for human rights (mlk? gandi?). but i think if i revered a creative genius, plagiarism would ruin it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ neurp - Great links! I love the origami apartment (love small space living). That second article is really interesting. It seems most people are willing to look past their hero's shortcomings if they aren't related to what their hero is known for, and in that case, plagiarism directly affects why people respect creatives.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.