My goal this week was to meet all my deadlines (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday-Thursday), and my reward was cracking open (err...clicking to open) Mindy Kaling's new book. I have a mad girl-crush on her right now. Sensational.
After hectic week I'm excited to take a break today and tomorrow (Sunday afternoons are really productive for me so Friday and Saturday usually make up my weekend). Hitting up a Marilyn Monroe exhibit opening today and hoping to check out the Arboleda Vintage and Handmade Crafts Festival tomorrow (after my group run...not looking forward to that).
Some good stuff from around the Internets. Like I mentioned earlier this week, I'm a little sick of shopping and clothes, and have been reading mostly informative, career-related articles.
- The Grindstone: I'm the boss: How to transition from coworker to leader
- The Daily Muse: Upscale dining, decoded
- Mashable: Kina Grannis + 288,000 jelly beans = epic music video
- Women 2.0: The income disparity of women in the creative class
- Stepcase Lifehack: How to stay positive in the workplace
- Forbes Woman: 7 signs your shopping may be problematic and 3 keys to healing