Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I have quite a few thank-you cards in my card box, but this one is my fave. Down to my last one.

It's been quite the year, hasn't it? I have a lot to be thankful for.
  • A safe and relatively uneventful cross-country move and a really good job for K
  • New friends and our new church in Miami
  • Family all over the country (and world), and a healthy new baby nephew
  • Dear friends in Sacramento and Davis, who made me feel at home for the past four years
  • My former job and the opportunities it continues to give me
  • A roof over our heads and food in our fridge
  • A modern dishwasher
  • Good health for myself and my family
  • The ocean view from our window
  • Palm trees
  • Airplanes
  • Internet, phone, Skype, FaceTime
  • Southern California, which feels more and more like home the further I move away
  • A ton of other stuff that I won't bore you with
Happy Thanksgiving! Be back Tuesday. 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! And I totally laughed at "modern dishwasher..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thankful list....alot of times we complain about what we dont have.....its nice to realize all of what we DO have:)
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    A Funky Little Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful that you're a part of my life. True, it's a distant part now, but I am glad that I got to meet you. I don't think that you know how much you influenced my life in the year we shared in Davis. Hope you had an awesome holiday at home in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice list. It reminds me how much I miss my dishwasher :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ whentheroadisnolongerseen - I'm thankful for you, too. Can't wait to see you in Feb (if not before then)!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.