Friday, October 21, 2011

Executive Summary | Links for your weekend | 10.21.11

No more latte. :(

I know, I know, my posting schedule has been rather wonky this week. But I've been having a great load of fun and productivity offline, and am working on a bunch of things that get me really excited. As I mentioned last week, I really want to make the most of my flexible schedule. This week, that meant blogging whenever I found the time instead of scheduling posts days in advance, taking Thursday "off" and having a 3.5 hour lunch with a new friend, getting completely caught up on half-marathon training, immersing myself in HTML and CSS, and cracking open some books (err...opening up my Kindle app). 

While I'm writing and HTMLing this weekend, why don't you sit back and enjoy some of my favorite reads from the past two weeks.
What good reads have you found lately?

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog..
    I am glad to find another blogger from my area
    Love the outfit pictures:)


    veerassandhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are totally on the same page right now. Yesterday, instead of planning out blog posts and stressing myself out about upcoming work projects, I spent an entire day doing all of the things I’ve been saying I’ve wanted to do like going to the flea market with my roomies, buying a new sketch book to pick up drawing again and going across the city to spend much-needed time with friends. It feels good to let go and give yourself a break, doesn’t it? I mean, it’s true what they say about us being our own toughest critics.

    P.S. My roommate, who’s a graphic designer, and I have been saying that we’d like to learn more about HTML and CSS. Are you taking an online class? Just curious if you had any tips on helpful tutorials, classes, etc. Thanks, Angelina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.P.S. YAHOO!!!!! IT FINALLY LET ME POST A COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG! haha I told you that I'd post a victory message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ EG - Welcome! I'm actually no longer in California, but there are a TON of bloggers in the Sac area (you can see them on my blogroll...link in header).

    @ ProfessionGal - That sounds awesome! I'm not taking any classes currently...just sort of browsing the Internet and teaching myself. w3schools or whatever it's called is great when I get stuck, or I bug my webby friend. I find I learn a lot if I have something to copy and paste from and then just tweak it around, or changing one thing at a time (saving the code elsewhere) and seeing what it does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some nice topics to read. :)

    xx
    Heel in Mint
    www.heelinmint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Women 2.0 article.

    Read this article on the secrets of success. Thought I'd share. http://www.w2wlink.com/Articles/Secrets-Success-artid452.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ holly - it's a great blog, isn't it? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.