Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Camera knows best [outfit]

These outfit photos really need to be put in context.

I picked an outfit to wear last Thursday to volunteer at Dress for Success. I initially started out dressing business casual whenever I volunteered, until I realized I was looking really out of place so dressed up. So trouser jeans have become my go-to.


And then I saw the outfit photos and HELLO PINHEAD. Down came the hair.


Better. Off I went to volunteer, but the afternoon was cut short when the office closed early. With my latest Ulta coupon burning a hole in my pocket and a newfound passion for my eyebrows, I went shopping.

Two stores and an eyebrow pencil later, I'm in the dressing room at Nordstrom Rack when I notice there is a black pencil mark on my left boob. On a white shirt. Almost certainly from trying out eyebrow pencils on my hand. Darn darn darn.

Luckily I'm wearing a plain white tank underneath. So the shirt goes into the purse and this is how I go about the rest of my day.

Banana Republic cardigan - 2011 - swapped / Old Navy polo - old - cheap / Mossimo tank from Target - 2011 - $9 / Merona trouser jeans from Target - 2011 - $18 / Nine West pumps from Ross - 2011 - $25 / AE outlet necklace - 2011 - $4 on clearance

Do you tweak your outfit throughout the day? If you're a blogger, do you ever tweak your outfit after photos?

10 comments:

  1. I definitely tweek my outfits after seeing them through the camera (whether it's hair, or shoes, or accessories) - Thank goodness for blogging!

    I love this outfit, simple and casual yet still chic :)

    xx
    thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your simple look. Trouser jeans are so flattering and can be dressed up or down.

    I don't tweek outfits right after photos, it's usually after loading the photos later and realizing I didn't like something. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL what a funny story Angeline! At least you were prepared for all these mishaps! I love this simple, yet chic look on you and I agree-your hair looks pretty down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do tweak my outfits after my photos, usually by removing my jewelry, kicking off my shoes, and putting on comfy socks. I've heard that people who work from home are supposed to be more productive if they wear shoes, but I can't bring myself to wear shoes around the house.

    Those are great jeans on you--you look so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do tweak my outfits every now and then. I used to volunteer at bridge to success which is similar to dress for success! I should probably look into going back...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’re wonderful in these photos, I like you style!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally tweak my outfit if it's cooler or warmer and I have added accessories close to the end of the day before too. It's mostly for comfort or convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Katya - Seriously! Although I used to take photos at the end of my day, so it wasn't that much help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your story reminds me of that time gwyneth paltrow's pants split and she saved her outfit by wrapping her pashmina around her waist as a skirt. hers was definitely a bit more mcgiver but...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ neurp - Haha! I think I remember that! Yeah, mine isn't nearly as cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.