- Rotate colors in your closet (1, 2, or 3 times)
- Don't repeat the specific articles of clothing.
- Wear a wide variety of clothes in your closet
- Wear a variety of colors in your closet.
I've actually participated in quite a few challenges over the year. Some are more fun than others and they all teach a little bit of something.
- Ruts: It helps you stay out of ruts you can get in when getting dressed.
- Speed: Focusing on a particular color decreases the amount of time it takes to pick out your clothes for the day.
- Veterans: Having to rotate helps you break out some veteran items from your closet.
- Accountability and Accomplishment: If you say you will do a challenge, you follow through and feel accomplished at the end.
- Remixing: It helps you remix items better so that you don't wear your favorite cardigan on the day of the color or else it would be out of your rotation for the rest of the challenge.
Join a challenge. They are great at adding some interest in your life. They make getting dressed a little more interested.