Thursday, June 23, 2011

Throw on and go [outfit]

Ann Taylor top - 2010 - $20 on sale (similar) / BR Factory Store skirt - 2011 - $20 on sale (similar) / Enzo Angiolini pumps via Piperlime - 2010 - $35 on sale (available) / H&M leather mini duffel - 2007 - $40 on sale (similar) / Premier Designs faux pearl necklace - 2010 - free with purchase (similar) / BR Factory Store sunglasses - 2011 - $8 on sale

Outfit analysis: I'm not sure if green and purple are supposed to go together, but I was feeling it. Another qualm I had about this outfit was the pleats on the skirt and the top...I have a preconceived notion that if one piece is detailed, it should be worn with a simpler piece. But this seemed to work okay, too. I like how the paper-bag waist of the skirt stands out more because the upper ruched part of the skirt blends into the top (does that make sense? Not sure how to explain it). Neutral accessories help the colors stand out.
___

This had to be one of my laziest mornings ever, and to be honest, I loved the result! This outfit was pretty random. I picked out the skirt and top separately as things I might want to wear together, and just put them on. I air-dried my hair (usually I blow-dry with round brush...not really a blow-out cuz my hair is straight already). And to top it off, I even ate almost the same meal for lunch and dinner: chicken and french fries. Out of one rut, into another.

What odd color combo do you like to wear? How did you discover it?

17 comments:

  1. I love green and purple together! You look very nice in this outfit and I would never have guessed you were operating on auto-pilot mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this whole look. Your title should end go look fabulous. I get what you mean about the pleating. I think that by combining a top with a very simple detail and something with lots of pow you look good. It might not have worked if there was ric rack around the top or lace but by building up the texture and colors, you created something gorgeous and effortless looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this look! I don't think it is an odd combo. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing. I love how this outfit works together. That skirt is awesome. I wish it was in my closet.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is honestly one of my favorite outfits I've seen you in - the colors work so well and it's so flattering! You should have lazy mornings more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes lazy mornings somehow bring out the best outfits--like this one! I love the colors! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfits! I think it's one of my favorites! and the colors are totally what caught my eye; I didn't even notice the double pleats until you said something. I've been doing pink/orange lately, and it's super loud, but I like it.

    North Meets South
    check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a 'lazy morning' this is an amazing look. I love the purple with teal combination. It's also a great look with your shoes and necklace coordinating. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great Angeline! These colors really work on you... though you're more of a neutral person, I think because neither is super bright you're able to embrace them :) Lately I've been pairing my olive green vest and pants with just about everything (never together), and really loving the green combined with pinks & oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think you look grrrrrreat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when outfits just work like that! You look fantastic, I really like these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes the most random things work best because they come organically. I always think people look better when they don't try too hard :)

    I love the purple and green together - totally inspired combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. but u look much bright and chirpy than your usual self in this outfit!!...i guess its the colors working on you beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the skirt and sometimes being rushed yields good results.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great color combo...it's so perfect! I love it when you discover interesting color pairings since it makes a simple outfit stand out! You look extra cheery in this look! =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the color combo, and it works well together. Your hair looks good air dried, and you look great in this. My favorite color combos have been red/green, red/purple, olive/purple, and yellow/purple.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ basiccravings - it certainly is much better looking in person than it sounds in writing. and that's a good thing. :)

    @ no guilt fashion - thanks! this is one of my new faves. :)

    @ Katy - thanks! I get a little iffy sometimes about being too matchy-matchy, but on a first try I usually just go with it.

    @ step - thhhhhhanks!

    @ eek - I agree, although I also think some people could try a little harder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.