Thursday, June 2, 2011

The librarian 'do [outfit]

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog banana republic factory cardigan tee merona trouser jeans anne klein shoes
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog banana republic factory cardigan tee merona trouser jeans anne klein shoes
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog banana republic factory cardigan
BR Factory cardigan - 2011 - $12 (similar) / BR Factory tee - 2011 - $5 (similar) / Merona trouser jeans via Target - 2011 - $17 (similar) / Anne Klein Sarajane shoes via Macy's - 2011 - $25 (available) / Kohl's earrings - 2007 - cheap (similar) / Forever 21 leaf necklace - 2010 - $5 (similar)

Outfit analysis: This is my current go-to for cold and casual days, and there have been many, many of those recently. I feel like a walking billboard for the BR Factory Store, but hey, it was a good sale, and the colors of the pieces really go well together (not on purpose...both of these were impulse buys). I was a bit unsure of the loose cardi and trouser jeans combo, since I wasn't such a fan of it before. But the drape of this cardigan and the long points that it comes to on the sides helps create a diagonal cut across, which is much more flattering than the flat bottom of my other cardigan. In hindsight, pointier heels would have been a better complement to all the loose drapiness, but I had a lunch date to walk to that day and these mary janes are more comfortable.
___

Way back in the day, I got a reader question about hairstyles for the office. It took me a while to get around to it (sorry, Lorena!) but I've been trying out some different hairstyles recently, and will be showing them more. This is one of my experiments from last week...I call it the librarian 'do because it reminds me of my elementary school librarian, Mrs. Van Ness. She was a super-kind woman with long gray/white hair, which she always put up halfway with a clip first and then in a bun or chignon.

What are your go-to hairstyles for the office? Send me a pic by next Tuesday (6/7) and I'll post a round-up next week!

9 comments:

  1. That outfit looks so comfy - I'd be worried I'd fall asleep at my desk! I also love the 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand. How do you get a BR sweater for 12$ ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a chic, polished take on casual. I love the details on that tee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the top and cardigan!!!!...and ur hairdo is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd totally wear that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic, I really love the shape of the tee on you and those jeans are awesome!

    I barely have enough time to blow dry my hair in the mornings, so I never put it up. I would like to every now and then!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the detailing of your shirt. I think the loose cardigan and the trouser jeans look good on you.
    No Guilt Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kendall - It's from the BR Factory Store, not the regular mall store. A lot of what they have at the Factory Store is produced especially for that purpose and was never intended for the mall store, so they are of slightly simpler construction (unlined pants, for example). The sweater was $20 regular price at the factory store, marked down to $15 for the weekend, and I had a coupon. Same for the t-shirt, but better...I don't remember what full price was, but it was on sale for $14.99, and it was 50% off all sale items, bringing it down to $7.50 or so, and then I had a coupon on top of that. Certainly not a normal find at BR, but if you have a factory store nearby and get the email updates, you can find some good deals.

    @ Sal - Thank you! I've been trying to step up my casual wear, and this tee totally fit the bill!

    @ shooting star - thank you!

    @ silvia - sweet! :)

    @ noguiltfashion - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tee! The zigs and zags really spice it up.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.