Thursday, June 9, 2011

The New Professional Gift Guide | Graduation edition

I took two days off this week for my husband's graduation! Both of our families (parents, siblings, and their families) are converging onto our little college town for a whole weekend of festivities and family time.

Although it's pretty late into graduation season, I figured that since many college graduates are entering the new professional ranks, I'd do a quick gift guide (along the lines of my holiday ones).


Top row:
  • Tie bar for the gentleman
  • Nifty book (I think the pink cover means it's mainly for ladies, but guys should know how to sew a button, too. I received this similar guide when I graduated college, and it definitely helped me navigate living on my own during grad school.)
  • Lap desk
  • Laptop bag

Middle row:
  • Tie for the gentleman (for the interview, at least)
  • Coin bank
  • Travel book
  • Passport cover

Bottom row:
  • Sophisticated scarf
  • Card case
  • Stationery
  • Watch
What was your favorite graduation gift you received? What is your go-to gift for new grads?

BTW, I got K this leather messenger bag to carry his laptop and papers around campus next year. It looks more professional than the backpack he currently uses, and will hopefully prevent people from mistaking him as a student (he's 28 and will be an assistant professor. I'm married to a freakin' rock star).

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I don't think I received a graduation gift....

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS KEV! :) how exciting to finally have graduated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Silvia - You know, I can't remember any either. Oh, wait! My college roomie gave me a Coach wristlet when I got my master's degree. And i got a cell phone for high school graduation (after everyone else already had one).

    @ T - Thanks (from Kev). Definitely exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.