- Toggl. This time-tracking tool is a great way to keep track of how much time you spend on projects (useful for billing or as reference). It also syncs to the web-based site.
- Astrid Tasks. Keep your to-do list on hand, add deadlines and reminders, and mark them off as you go. I use this more for blog ideas or to-dos that need alarm reminders.
- Evernote. Like Pinterest before Pinterest. You can add photos, audio, text notes, and webpages and tag them into different categories. Plus it syncs with the desktop app.
- Hootsuite. I use Hootsuite to keep an eye on multiple Twitter accounts for work. I wish the mobile app had better Facebook Page support (the web-based one is great).
- Yelp. The filters on the mobile app are much more limited than the website, but definitely a handy tool when you're traveling to a new city.
- Fandango. Check out movie reviews and playing times.
- Words With Friends. No explanation needed.
The Onstar My Link app, FB and my bank's app. You can take pictures of checks to deposit them! - Kathleen M.
What are your favorite smartphone apps for work or for fun?
*This is not an advertisement for the Droid or Android operating systems. It's just the only smartphone system I know.