Ann Taylor Factory Store top - 2011 - $12 on sale (similar) / Mossimo tank via Target - 2009 - $7 on sale (available) / BR Factory Store trousers - 2009 - $20 on sale (similar) / Mossimo gladiator sandals via Target - 2010 - $25 (similar) / American Eagle outlet necklace - 2011 - $4 on sale (similar) / Silver ball studs via Target - cheap (similar)
Outfit analysis: I'm sure this outfit breaks some rules...I have a loosely fitted top and relaxed trousers. No belt. No real shape to the shirt. But you know what? I love it. I found this great silky blouse a few months ago at the outlets, and I stuck it in my closet and forgot about it. I pulled it out last week to remind myself to wear it, and I decided just to keep it simple (I start small, remember?). It's one of those things that doesn't makes sense, but just works.
I'm back! I know, you barely noticed I was gone (thank goodness for scheduled posts), but I was running around like a madwoman most of last week prepping for K's graduation and our family time in town. We're really lucky—our families get along swimmingly, and we basically spent Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning together (all 10 of us...whew).
Memorable moments from this weekend:
- Almost missing K's walk across the stage at graduation because the emcee called K by the WRONG NAME.
- Hearing my 3-year-old nephew exclaim, "Your bed is in your living room!" when he saw our futon made up as a bed (for my brother).
- Discovering that I left my car unlocked for three days, parked four blocks from my apartment. Good thing we live in Davis.
- Eating. Lots of eating. And I cooked a meal for everyone, too.
- Watching my nephew tried using chopsticks for the first time. He plays the drums daily, so it was one stick per hand. While eating fried rice.
- Sending Ashlee home with three whopping bags for this weekend's Stitch Swap when all she came over for was a bike (she got the bike, too).
Do you use your vacation days or do you let them gather dust?