Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Silky smooth [outfit]

ann taylor factory store top
banana republic factory store ryan fit trousers
american eagle necklace
Ann Taylor Factory Store top - 2011 - $12 on sale (similar) / Mossimo tank via Target - 2009 - $7 on sale (available) / BR Factory Store trousers - 2009 - $20 on sale (similar) / Mossimo gladiator sandals via Target - 2010 - $25 (similar) / American Eagle outlet necklace - 2011 - $4 on sale (similar) / Silver ball studs via Target - cheap (similar)

Outfit analysis: I'm sure this outfit breaks some rules...I have a loosely fitted top and relaxed trousers. No belt. No real shape to the shirt. But you know what? I love it. I found this great silky blouse a few months ago at the outlets, and I stuck it in my closet and forgot about it. I pulled it out last week to remind myself to wear it, and I decided just to keep it simple (I start small, remember?). It's one of those things that doesn't makes sense, but just works.
___

I'm back! I know, you barely noticed I was gone (thank goodness for scheduled posts), but I was running around like a madwoman most of last week prepping for K's graduation and our family time in town. We're really lucky—our families get along swimmingly, and we basically spent Thursday afternoon through Sunday morning together (all 10 of us...whew).

Memorable moments from this weekend:
  • Almost missing K's walk across the stage at graduation because the emcee called K by the WRONG NAME. 
  • Hearing my 3-year-old nephew exclaim, "Your bed is in your living room!" when he saw our futon made up as a bed (for my brother).
  • Discovering that I left my car unlocked for three days, parked four blocks from my apartment. Good thing we live in Davis.
  • Eating. Lots of eating. And I cooked a meal for everyone, too.
  • Watching my nephew tried using chopsticks for the first time. He plays the drums daily, so it was one stick per hand. While eating fried rice.
  • Sending Ashlee home with three whopping bags for this weekend's Stitch Swap when all she came over for was a bike (she got the bike, too).
Although my two days off last week were great (and I got to unplug a bit...lots of catching up to do), it's good to be back!

Do you use your vacation days or do you let them gather dust?

5 comments:

  1. And yet somehow, this outfit is super flattering on you. I love that top!

    I can't use chopsticks to save my life. I'm always the lame-o asking for a fork.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silk blouse is lovely! and I don't see the reason why loose tops and trousers shouldn't go together, because look at you! This is a great outfit!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit! When I first saw it I caught myself saying "oooh, fancy" outloud! I guess I have a thing for silky, flowy tops. And this one looks fab on you! :)

    I use up my vacation as soon as I get it! I gotta take a break from the daily grind as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.