I painted this for my brother's birthday...oh, must have been freshman or sophomore year of college. He's a talented musician and I am a not-so-talented artist. Needless to say, he moved to Texas eight years ago, and this ol' thing still sits in "his" room at my parents house.
Happy FriYAY! Another week down, one week closer to moving day (three weeks left, but who's counting?). I'm taking today and Monday off to spend some time with family in Southern California before we move, since the last time K and I were both here was Christmas. So I'm writing this from my parent's living room (and I took some extra pics last week so you'll have an outfit post to enjoy Monday as well).
Move, move, yadda, yadda...you're here for links? Well, here you go!
Style and fashion
- Jane Has A Job: The ultimate workwear fashion retailers list
- J's Everyday Fashion: 4 ways to wear a statement necklace
- Already Pretty: Reader Request: Casual shorts, dressy shorts
- Classy Career Girl: What employers look for during interviews
- Pretty Young Professional: Win what you're worth: Negotiate your salary
- Lifehacker: Why you still need passion for your career (even when the economy sucks)
- Lifehacker: The coworking directory wiki helps find a coworking center near you
- Mashable!: 5 clever ways to get a job using social media
- Fresh Home Blog: Reader re-do: Kelly's upholstered headboard
- Serious Eats: Dinner Tonight: Omelet gramajo
- Apartment Therapy: 10 affordable online art galleries: International edition shopper's guide
- Zen Habits: Living with chaos
- ProBlogger: How to keep your blog active while traveling
- ProBlogger: Optimize the most underutilized page of your blog
What good reads did you find this week? Any fun weekend plans?