Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Studmuffin

My conference in Albuquerque wraps up today and I'm going a bit more casual since it's a half day--no good work outfit to post (not one I'd recommend you actually wear to the office, that is). But this great post by Ez over at Creature Comforts on studded accessories got me thinking about how embellishments like studs are a great way to show your personality in the office when done right.

I'll admit it...I dressed the part of a little punker (at least a goodie-goodie one) throughout most of my college years.  Ball chains around my neck and wrists?  Check.  Studded belt and wrist cuffs?  Check.  Black nail polish?  Duh.  T-shirt from a band concert?  Sometimes.  While my style has evolved drastically since then (um, hello yesterday's suit obsession), I still have a love for the studly and spiky.

Luckily for me, the fashion gurus out there have pretty much translated badass studs into more grown-up versions.  Some studly finds (yes, I can use that adjective for everything):


I want to hear from you!

So you've been hearing me rant and share about my workplace style, but I'd love to get your takes on things as well.  Some ideas:
  • What is your favorite outfit to wear to work?  Send me some pics and a brief description of what you like about it.
  • Have a styling dilemma?  Send me a question!
  • Can't find an item?  Let me know and I'll take a stab at it.
  • Got a great inspiration for a work outfit?  Send me your ideas and I'll post them.

Email your suggestions or general blog feed back to thenewprofessionalblog [at] gmail [dot] com.

Peace out!

5 comments:

  1. I have a styling dilemma! I am attending a wedding at the end of May in Georgia and need to look cute in my post-pregnancy body that won't fit into anything I own. Suggestions? (Oh, and I'm on a budget!) Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beth! I'd love to help. Let me see what I can think up and I'll post some ideas (and then we can go shopping together).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fabulous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. empire waist dresses and blouses! works for during the pregnancy and afterward too. the empire maxi dress is totally in this season. or a swing jacket. the volume helps to hide the tummy but they're still chic. and if you get a dressier one, you can wear it to work later too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I was thinking that or a more structured a-line frock with a wide waistband. The structure of the dress would then be able to hide any sensitive spots.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.