Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Luck be a lady

I mentioned earlier my successful Saturday shopping trip. No clothes were purchased (yes I'm going on a bit of a technicality here, but I never claimed to give up more than clothes), but I did get some cool accessories. Two of them came into play here, in what I think could be called my most ladylike look in weeks.  Just a normal day at the office, but why wait for an occasion?


Shirt: J. Crew - 2009 - $20 (sale); Belt: Vintage - 2010 - $12; Skirt: Loft - 2009 - $13 (sale + coupon);
Bag: Vintage - 2010 - $12; Shoes: Enzo Angiolini - 2007 - $70

I've got to say, this is my favorite outfit that I've worn to work since I started this blog.  It's the first time I've ever worn that shirt, and the bag and belt are two of my finds from this weekend.  Both were found at Bows and Arrows, one of my favorite Midtown Sacramento shops.  I almost didn't wear the belt this morning (the skirt has a nice waistline with no belt loops), but at the last minute decided to keep it.  Some detail pics:
 



These beaded bracelets were also a result of my weekend jaunt...across the street from Bows and Arrows is an amazing bead shop called Bead Fetish.  I picked up these square hematite beads, gray matte seed beads, and some light coral matte seed beads, too, to string together some of my own stretchy bracelets.  Threw these together quickly last night and didn't get to the coral, but I know what I'll be doing in front of the TV tonight during Lost! [um...beading, in case you didn't catch that.]

I was originally going to wear some ruffly satin t-straps, but I think the brown peep-toes kept the look a little more grounded and office-appropriate.  Maybe next time!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Angelina. You look classy!
    http://barelyvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your blog is adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.