Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A day late, a dollar short

Went straight from work last night to a Passover dinner (I'm not Jewish but I appreciate the culture--Jesus was a Jew!) and then home just in time for Lost.  But yesterday's outfit was long anticipated (in my head at least) so I did want to share it.

Like I mentioned in my last post, this outfit was supposed to be a variation on one of my tried-and-true work uniforms...got these adorable booties handed down to me and wanted to pull them out.  Well, I ended up changing my mind at the last minute and tossing on a plaid flannel as well instead of the bejeweled shell I usually wear with this skirt.  Here's the look:
 
Shirt: Ross - 2009 - $7; Skirt: The Limited - 2008 - $20; Tights: ?? found them in my sock drawer; Booties: Jessica Simpson - 2009 - hand me down


Fun, right?  The top has some cool zipper detailing and black snap buttons.  I'm so glad I pulled this out instead of my other shirt, which would have made for a completely black and gray ensemble.  This outfit is also super-comfy...the skirt has a sort of tulip shape that is loosely structured and very forgiving for the figure.  Here are some detail shots:


These booties look high, but there's about a 1/3" - 1/2" platform on them.  Still, I nearly slipped off of these several times throughout the day and by the time I got home my feet were killing me.  They're suede with some elastic in the front (under the suede straps).

 
Ring: Claires - 2007 - cheap

Only a hunk of plastic this large could convince me to leave my trusty typewriter key ring at home for the day.

 
Watch: Anne Klein (from Macy's) - 2008 - $50

In honor of my watch post Monday, this is my leather-band watch of choice.  Small and simple without being to girly. Best feature: that gray button by 2 o'clock lights up the face so you can tell time in the dark.  Booyah.

Not sure if this outfit would fly in most offices, but my job gets to be pretty creative, so I can have some fun with my outfits.  What do you think--Would this outfit be allowed in your office? Is it too weird, too casual, or too dressy?

5 comments:

  1. im not a big fan of booties normally, but i did like those! (and i also normally hate jessica simpson shoes too). that's saying a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really like booties either...that's why I never bought a pair myself. But an outfit like this was just screaming for a bootie! I've never had JS shoes before either but these hurt like a mofo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you mixed plaid with a more traditional work-skirt, so cute and fresh! this is a little too dressy for my office, but I work at a seminary, so the office style here is a little different. very cute stuff though

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.