Monday, March 29, 2010

Make Believe Monday | Hard as nails

I know I've already covered some of this, but today's wish list item is a studded watch.  While out in Oakland visiting my best buds this weekend, we were flipping through the Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style and we came across this beauty, worn by Monet Mazur:

This is not your 16-year-old goth's spiked watch.  At over $3,000, the Hermes Medor watch is NOT on my wish list (I can't imagine ever paying that much for one item even if I had the money), but one of these alternatives might me making their way into my watch drawer soon:








 


This last watch is from Guess from 2008...can't find it for sale anywhere but it's my fave of the bunch and you can bet that I'll be keeping an eye out on ebay for this baby!

Watches work especially well for business wear--it shows that punctuality is important to you.  Looking at your watch during a meeting is a lot less distracting then looking at your cell phone, and no one could misunderstand your message (while cell phone glancing could be an email, text, tweet, or general distractedness).  Why wear a boring watch, though?  Every working person should have at least two watches: one with a leather band and one with a metal band (my fave is a classic tank from Fossil).  But when watches look as fun as these, why stop at just two?

Do you wear a watch?  What type?

11 comments:

  1. I looooove my Juicy Couture watch. It's big and pretty and sparkly and I think it might even tell time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome. I think I need a sparkly watch next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with the Medor!! I am definitely keeping my eye out for economically priced look-alikes. :) I've never worn a watch regularly before and I'm feeling the itch to get one. I rely on my cell phone too much for everything, and a watch is a great way to accessorize (see Medor above) while looking professional. My previous dream watches were Movado and the Cartier tank watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Nixon one is pretty awesome. I love the shape and monochromatic look of it. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It comes in a ton of different colors too--black is just more my style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heart the cartier tank! I have a similar tank style watch from fossil, but I need to get the batteries replaced. I'm sure you'll see plenty of that one once I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not that i am in any way familiar with women's watches, but i agree that the nixon watch is pretty awesome. i could see you wearing it.

    i find it funny that we both have a "two watch" recommendation -- only, rather than band material, i separate mine by color palette. coincidentally, my "black/greys" watch (fossil; gift from a wonderful sister and brother-in-law) has a metal band, and my "browns" watch (ted baker; $60, giltman.com) has a leather band.

    even halfway across the country, it's clear that we're related.

    ReplyDelete
  8. acht! i've been wanting that nixon watch for a couple years now. i wear a watch nearly every minute of every day (i only take it off to shower), so i prefer fabric watches that are waterproof (my fave is swiss army and flikflak from swatch). but i really like four of the six watches here! i think i'm going to have to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always have a problem wearing watches with long sleeved things because it gets stuck on the inside of the cuff part and feels awkward, or it lumps up or something. its awkward for me. maybe its cuz my watch is kinda big--cuff style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. depending on the watch and the shirt i'm wearing, sometimes i wear my watch over my shirt sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an interesting idea! I have trouble with sleeves too. I only wear watches once in a while (when I finally get around to replacing the batteries and they actually work.)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.