Detail on a fab new dress I got from the Citizen Rosebud at our blogger meet-up last night. I'm going to miss these ladies!
Happy Fourth of July weekend! I attended my last (::sniff sniff::) Sacramento fashion blogger meet-up last night at Thinkhouse Collective, and let's just say K sent me a text at 10 p.m. asking if I was okay (meet-up started at 6).
Truth is—I was more than okay. I was having a nice chat with Melody and Skylar while Nikki, Kari, Bella, Ann, Madeline, Kara, and Kerry hung out nearby. Vanessa and Sarah stopped by, too, but had left by that point. Bella sent me home with two dresses. She has a great supply of vintage in her space at Thinkhouse...I wish you all could see it. Colors and prints galore.
One of the biggest changes that blogging has had on my life is connecting me with new friends that start on the screen and end up face-to-face, like this group of ladies. I would never had met any of them if Bella hadn't emailed me randomly one day last fall. I've eaten, drank, shopped, crafted, and chatted with these gals time and again. Sure, it sounds a little cheesy, but I'm an introvert and making new friends can be intimidating. Remembering how quickly and easily these friendships started gives me hope for Miami, since I currently know exactly 0 people in South Florida (13 days until moving day). I know things will be great and that we'll meet people easily, but I'll admit this kind of stuff makes me anxious.
Anyhoo, here are your links. Linky link links.
Style and fashion
- Beautifully Invisible: We are women. We are beautiful. We are real. (love love love this!)
- Oomph: Confessions of a mirror (how amazing is this manicure?)
- No Guilt Fashion: What they wore Wednesday: Colored pencil skirts
- Already Pretty: Reader Request: Summer style minus a tan (SPF is a good thing.)
- Design for Mankind: Hand-painted blouse (swoon)
- Smart Money: 10 things shopping malls won't tell you
- Lifehacker: Give yourself a reality check to stay positive at the office
- ReadWriteWeb: 6 excellent tools for writing without distractions
- Jane Has A Job: Do you tattoo?
- Pretty Young Professional: 6 easy networking tips for introverts
- I am Style-ish: Week in iPhone pics: Taiwan! (I was born in the U.S. but most of my family lives in Taiwan.)
- Inspired Magazine: 40 minimalist print ads that'll catch your eye
- Lifehacker: How to store food properly in the freezer and fridge
- Copyblogger: How to beat the 3 types of writer's block
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Busting through blogging plateaus
- I chatted about interview wear at the ABCs of College this week.
- Have you entered my giveaway yet? Win a $50 gift card to a retailer of your choice from Go Chic and Go Home! Giveaway closes tonight, so act fast.