Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Last hurrah [outfit]

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional mossimo dress target kate spade pumps jcrew belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional mossimo dress target kate spade pumps jcrew belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional mossimo dress target jcrew belt
Mossimo dress via Target - 2011 - $20 (similar) / J.Crew belt - 2011 - $10 (similar) / Kate Spade pumps - 2011 - gift (similar) / Premier Designs faux pearl strand - 2010 - free with purchase (similar

Outfit analysis: I love how the color gray can be paired with almost any color for a different feel. I love the softness of the pink and pearl, and the pumps keep it ladylike. I just love love love this dress, and hope to find a way to wear it even though I'm not in an office anymore. I wore this last Wednesday for my official farewell happy hour.
___

Goodbyes are hard. Did you know that? The past weekend has been so full of emotion, which is a weird feeling for me. This certainly isn't my first goodbye, but for some reason it's the hardest. Leaving college, I knew I'd be back in Orange County for holidays. I fell in love with New York, but wasn't all that close with any of my classmates so that wasn't so hard. Even our recent farewell trip down to Southern California wasn't too bad, since our families are there and we'll be back. But Davis and Sacramento? This is hard, and I wasn't prepared for this. I thought I'd be fine to keep blogging and packing and seeing friends until we actually get in the car and drive out of state on Friday, but I'm not so sure anymore. I've got some super guest bloggers that will be featured over the next few weeks, but please bear with me through this transition.

How do you deal with goodbyes?

11 comments:

  1. i just say goodbye!! and be formal about it...thats all!!!
    love the outfit!! classy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lady, so sorry to hear you've been hurting through these goodbyes. I suck at them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate goodbyes too! I even hate saying goodbye to my kids on my way to work even though I know I'll see them for dinner. :-( The good news is that this dress is very flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm so sorry that you're having such a hard time with it. That just means that you have to come back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You left a beautiful long lasting impression with that pretty dress.
    I am awful at goodbyes. AWFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning. So ladylike and chic, and so professional and powerful. I love this.

    I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with the good-byes. I hope it gets easier before you leave. :(

    {On the upside - I hope we're able to get together once you hit Orlando!}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this dress as always. The darting and cut and simple cap-sleeve -- one of my favorite silhouettes!

    The pumps are killer too. :) Thanks to Cari!

    Goodbyes are awful...I like to say "see you when I see you again". Good luck wrapping things up these next few days...once you hit the road, hopefully you will be excited to be driving into the sunrise of your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. please don't do what I did and just not say goodbye, and leave without much words. it just made it even worse after. You really can go back to visit friends though, that's what I do with NY even though it's sooo far away! Best of luck with everything Angeline- see you on the flip side.. I mean... from Florida. And I hope Miami is awesome for you, it will just be a culture shock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress is gorgeous on you! Good byes are always hard, and I hate to think about what it would have been like if I were still there. I missed my grad school hometown and all the people there. But good luck in your new adventures! And I hope you're able to make use of your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely understand. I've lived in 5 cities in 10 years. Some were easier to leave than others. But it is always hard to say goodbye to the close friends and the way of life that each city offered. The good news is a new adventure awaits you all the way across the country! - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodbyes are tough...you are trying to be strong yet the emotions sometimes just pours out! You'll make new friends and hopefully meet up with one of my favorite blog friends..Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.