Banana Republic suit blazer - $100ish on sale (similar) / J. Crew blouse - 2009 - $20 on sale (similar) / Rockabilly jeans via Renew Denim - $40 on sale (similar) / Calvin Klein pumps via Off Broadway - 2007 - $70 on sale (similar) / American Eagle outlet necklace - 2011 - $4 on sale (similar) / Mossimo tank via Target - 2011 - $9 (available)
Outfit analysis: This outfit just felt...right. It felt like "me." A nice jean, a crisp button-up in a not-too-girly color, an awesome blazer, heels, and sparkles. In this outfit, my step is just a little quicker, my chin held a little higher, and my smile a little brighter. This outfit is all about amazing fit...all of these pieces fit my body really well, and a good fit makes any body look great. It's also very covered, but because of the fit, you see my figure. Not such a big fan of the blazer closed, but overall, did I mention I love this outfit?
No, I'm not wearing fully covered and black clothes in July—this outfit was from June 1 and I just never posted it! I usually post within a week of taking a photo, but sometimes I do take photos of outfits I know I might not post for days like this (and for my Facebook exclusives album).
Speaking of outfit posts, I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about what direction to take this blog in once my office job ends this Friday. We're taking a two week road trip (I have some guest bloggers lined up for some fabulous posts for y'all) and then I'll be plunging right into my new life of being a freelance writer.
Things I want to keep:
- Outfit photos. They just might not all be officewear.
- Professional and career topics. Even freelancers have to develop professionally.
Some ideas I've tossed around for themes/topics:
- I have a long-term goal of spicing up my casual wardrobe. My off-hours wear still consists mostly of tee-shirts, jeans, and flip flops. Now that there won't be as big of a distinction between off-duty and on-duty, I want to start dressing more interestingly even when I'm going casual. This could be a new theme to the blog.
- More fashion trend-type stories (like I used to do clusters and wish lists).
- More DIYs, now that I'll have time to learn some.
- Adding more of my personal life into the blog.