Thursday, July 7, 2011

Short day [outfit]

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional mossimo tee limited skirt franco sarto sandals kate spade necklace
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional mossimo tee limited skirt franco sarto sandals kate spade necklace
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional mossimo tee limited skirt franco sarto sandals kate spade necklace
Mossimo pocket v-neck via Target - 2011 - $8 on sale (available) / Mossimo white tank via Target - 2011 - $9 (available) / The Limited tulip skirt - 2009 - $20 on sale (similar) / Franco Sarto Hot sandals - 2011 - $45 on sale (available) / Vintage braided belt via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Forever 21 leaf necklace - 2010 - $5 (similar) / Kate Spade doodles pen necklace - 2011 - gift (available) / BR Factory Store sunglasses - 2011 - $8 on sale

Outfit analysis: I could live in these tees for summer (I've bought two already), and I am a major sucker for color right now (In addition to my top and necklace, I have two more colors of toe nail polish on). Today was sweltering, so I knew I needed a skirt and sandals, and I was a little over my sleeveless top + black skirt combo addiction I had a few months back. So I switched it up with a tee (so different, I know). 
___

This was my outfit on one of the hottest days of the year so far. Just a week ago it was 60 degrees (the high) and raining. Tuesday (when I wore this outfit) it was 102 and humid. Turns out the A/C in our work building wasn't quite up to the challenge, and we were sent home at 10:30 a.m. due to "unhealthy work conditions" (aka 90+ degrees indoors on some of the top floors), which essentially left me with a three-day workweek, with Friday being my last day at my job. How the time flies by.

Thanks, friends, for your kind words and encouragement about the blog's future on Tuesday's post. I think I have a grasp on how it will evolve (in the near future anyway) and I hope you'll stick around as I feel my way through this transition. I'm also finalizing some dates for my Movin' to Miami Tour 2011: Blog Edition and hope to meet up with some of you along the way! Dallas, Austin, New Orleans, and Orlando—I'm lookin' at you! 

Have you ever been sent home early from work? For what reasons?

9 comments:

  1. We have been sent home early for several reasons over the years, here are a few that I can remember:
    1. Air conditioner died and it was hell in there
    2. Fumigation ! Hurray for ants!
    3. It looked like it was going to rain real hard
    4. Fear of heavy traffic

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this outfit! especially the pen necklace...i love kate spade. she's a genius.
    love all the necklaces and the shirt color is great. i have no clue how to stack necklaces, this looks so chic and efffortless!

    it's been so long since i've been in the workeforce i don't even remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! The colors are great and the necklaces add a lovely detail! I also live in these tees during the summer!

    I have been sent home many times for tornado warnings.

    I live 4 hours form Dallas. Maybe I can catch you during your Moving to Miami tour! :)
    Hope your last days at work go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous, what a fantastic color on you!

    I think the only times we've been sent home early was for holiday weekends and it was decided that no one else would need us for the rest of the day anyway. :)

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, they made us stay when the AC wasn't working in my building! But we did get sent home when a "suspicious-looking vehicle" was parked outside. It was a false alarm, but I got to go home early. Yay!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just returned from Miami this weekend. What a fabulous city (well, we weren't in the actual city, but South Beach is the bomb!).

    I love how you dressed up this simple tee - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is really hot. At least you got a short day out of it. It's been getting hot in Ohio, and I'm so ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute look. I love the black, brown and blue together. A great color combination!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been sent home early because I'm sick or because the power is out or the weather is getting bad!

    and you're coming to New Orleans? FUN! We must get together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.