Shirt via Macy's - 2007 - gift card (similar) / Old Navy skirt - 2007 - $10 (similar) / Vintage scarf via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Vintage belt via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Nine West boots - 2009 - $50 (similar)
This is one from the archives (January). It was just one of those days (aren't they all) when I was short on time and long on options. I think it was supposed to rain, which is probably why I chose these boots. I don't remember much about this one, so I guess this will be a short post.
What worked
Neat enough for a day at work in my cubicle, but not a meeting-worthy outfit. It's always a good idea to dress for the right occasions.
What didn't
I'm not sure if the belt jives at all with this get-up. I just wasn't a fan of the way the skirt's waistline looked against the blouse, and this is the only belt I have that's thick enough to hold its own in this situation.
Do you put together an outfit as an ensemble or pick a piece and work around that? What pieces do you work around most often--shoes, dress, shirt?
I like this outfit a lot, and I think the belt looks fine. I've been looking for a lace skirt myself, it's the new thing on my inspiration list. Great outfit!
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is beautiful, I love it!
ReplyDeleteI think a belt in peach (or whatever the color is in the scarf, my computer is wonky so I'm not sure) or in brown, adding more contrast, might look really nice.
I do think you look lovely!
THAT SKIRT!~ I die. It is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAh.......lace skirts....my old love!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI like the belt with this outfit.
ReplyDeleteI really, really, like this. The skirt is PERFECT (length, fullness, etc). I can't believe it's old navy!! :) It's perfect with the boots too!
ReplyDeleteCute skirt!!
ReplyDelete@ marie a - thanks!
ReplyDelete@ melissa - oo yes, a brown belt would have been great!
@ work with what you've got - thanks hon!
@ polka princess - they're really in now, too! who knew they'd come back?
@ colleen - thanks, girl!
@ hope - I do love the length. I've had pretty good luck with Old Navy skirts (shirts, not so much)
@ erica - thanks! (I think we posted at the same time :)
ReplyDeleteI seriously love everything about this look! The skirt is beautiful and the belt is fantastic! I love equestrienne chic. :)
ReplyDeleteThe belt was the first thing I noticed. It drew me to your tiny waist! So I'd say it was a "worked."
ReplyDeleteThe Auspicious Life
love the skirt!
ReplyDeleteand whole outfit!
theresaisyourhomie.blogspot.com
The skirt is gorgeous! It could so easily be dressed up for a fancier event or more professionally for work as you did here.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
That skirt is B-E-A-utiful!!! It looks great with the scarf too.
ReplyDelete@ ashley - me too. there's just something about the horseriding fashion that is really crisp!
ReplyDelete@ linda - thanks. I think a belt was definitely a good idea, just maybe not this one in particular?
@ theresa - thank you!
@ elizabeth - good idea! I've actually never worn it fancy, just to work.
@ no guilt fashion - thanks! I do like it with the scarf.
Hello, I really love this outfit...it almost has a feminine Argentine Gaucho feel to it....love it!!
ReplyDelete@ lisa - I didn't see that until now! Thanks for the kind words.
ReplyDeleteThat skirt is a gorgeous item to hold on to !
ReplyDeleteFor me it totally worked - that scarf made it meeting appropriate for me.
@ lorena - thanks! the scarf definitely adds a little something extra, no?
ReplyDelete