Thursday, February 10, 2011

Suburban equestrienne

sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual macys shirt vintage scarf old navy brown lace skirt nine west boots belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual macys shirt vintage scarf old navy brown lace skirt nine west boots belt
sacramento office fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional blog business casual macys shirt vintage scarf old navy brown lace skirt nine west boots belt
Shirt via Macy's - 2007 - gift card (similar) / Old Navy skirt - 2007 - $10 (similar) / Vintage scarf via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Vintage belt via Bows and Arrows - 2010 - $12 (similar) / Nine West boots - 2009 - $50 (similar)

This is one from the archives (January).  It was just one of those days (aren't they all) when I was short on time and long on options.  I think it was supposed to rain, which is probably why I chose these boots.  I don't remember much about this one, so I guess this will be a short post.

What worked
Neat enough for a day at work in my cubicle, but not a meeting-worthy outfit. It's always a good idea to dress for the right occasions.

What didn't
I'm not sure if the belt jives at all with this get-up. I just wasn't a fan of the way the skirt's waistline looked against the blouse, and this is the only belt I have that's thick enough to hold its own in this situation.

Do you put together an outfit as an ensemble or pick a piece and work around that? What pieces do you work around most often--shoes, dress, shirt?

19 comments:

  1. I like this outfit a lot, and I think the belt looks fine. I've been looking for a lace skirt myself, it's the new thing on my inspiration list. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is beautiful, I love it!

    I think a belt in peach (or whatever the color is in the scarf, my computer is wonky so I'm not sure) or in brown, adding more contrast, might look really nice.

    I do think you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.......lace skirts....my old love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the belt with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really, like this. The skirt is PERFECT (length, fullness, etc). I can't believe it's old navy!! :) It's perfect with the boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ marie a - thanks!

    @ melissa - oo yes, a brown belt would have been great!

    @ work with what you've got - thanks hon!

    @ polka princess - they're really in now, too! who knew they'd come back?

    @ colleen - thanks, girl!

    @ hope - I do love the length. I've had pretty good luck with Old Navy skirts (shirts, not so much)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ erica - thanks! (I think we posted at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love everything about this look! The skirt is beautiful and the belt is fantastic! I love equestrienne chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The belt was the first thing I noticed. It drew me to your tiny waist! So I'd say it was a "worked."

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the skirt!
    and whole outfit!

    theresaisyourhomie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The skirt is gorgeous! It could so easily be dressed up for a fancier event or more professionally for work as you did here.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. That skirt is B-E-A-utiful!!! It looks great with the scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ ashley - me too. there's just something about the horseriding fashion that is really crisp!

    @ linda - thanks. I think a belt was definitely a good idea, just maybe not this one in particular?

    @ theresa - thank you!

    @ elizabeth - good idea! I've actually never worn it fancy, just to work.

    @ no guilt fashion - thanks! I do like it with the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I really love this outfit...it almost has a feminine Argentine Gaucho feel to it....love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ lisa - I didn't see that until now! Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That skirt is a gorgeous item to hold on to !
    For me it totally worked - that scarf made it meeting appropriate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ lorena - thanks! the scarf definitely adds a little something extra, no?

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.