Chocolate raspberry cheesecake from Mischka's Cafe, which is conveniently half a block from my apartment. I ate half and saved half for later (K got his own dessert).
What a week. I have to confess that I, the eternal positive-attitude-bright-side-lover, am feeling rather defeated this week. Ready for the weekend and a re-start on Monday. I have absolutely nothing planned for Saturday and Sunday should be fun--church (haven't been in a few weeks), book club in the Bay Area, and small group (haven't had that in a few weeks, too). Looking forward to the recharge.
I'm also feeling rather concise today, so let's get on to the links!
Style and fashion
- Already Pretty: Reader Request: Guidelines for work wear across the working spectrum (note: I'm a contributor--check it out!)
- Everybody, Everywear: Classic blazer challenge (can you find me?)
- Headlines and Hemlines: Windy blazer (hands down my favorite ebew outfit!)
- Statements in Fashion: 2011 Colors of the Year: Pantone style
- Employed Panache: Photo Job Shadow: HR specialist
- Ms. Career Girl: The secret to having it all is...
- Classy Career Girl: How to be a better boss
- Lifehacker: How to ergonomically optimize your workspace
- Simply Stated: What's the best air temperature for productivity?
- Ms. Career Girl: 11 ways to build your network after college
- Grit and Glamour: Copyright and image use--what you need to know
- Apartment Therapy: Best books for architecture enthusiasts
- Where My Heart Resides: Love-ly treats
- Swissmiss: Culinary tools poster