Thursday, August 11, 2011

Starting fresh in Florida

Top via Marshall's - 2011 - $13 (similar) / J & Company jeans via Renew Denim - 2009 - $40 (similar) / Target flip flops - 2009 - $8 on sale (similar)

I'm baaaaaack! I hope you enjoyed my guest posters in my absence. We are safely in Florida, slowly getting settled in our apartment, finally back online...and still waiting for our stuff to come from California, where it is still sitting in a storage space. ETA: maybe by the 22nd, maybe not. In the meantime, I'm making do with my road trip clothes, although I have made a few additions since we arrived (like this sweater).

One of the first things I noticed about Miami was that even in the summer heat, there were definitely more women in pants than in shorts. I realized this while sitting in the nice, ornate lobby of my new residential building in my shorts, tee, and sandals, fresh from the road trip, while I watched stylish pants-wearing women walk past me in and out of the building. I quickly realized why...two letters: A/C. It is nearly freezing in just about every building. I have my apartment thermostat set to 78, and when I walk out into the lobby to check my mail or toss the trash, I'm hit by a cold front. So after a few days of novice shorts-wearing, I think I've finally gotten the hang of Florida dressing (for now, at least).

I'm still in transition mode, so here's what to expect for the near future: one last phone-pic photo post tomorrow, more road trip pics to come on the Facebook page, recaps of my blogger meet-ups on the way, a post about living out of a suitcase for a month and counting (a real-life 30 for 30), and regular outfit pics. Further down the pipeline will be a more holistic evolution of the blog to align more with my new freelance endeavors (versus the office bent, though professional advice will still play a large role on the blog). Hang with me folks...we'll get through this together!

So...what did you do this summer?

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back. Hope you get your things sooner rather than later, but I'm sure you will be able to make do with what you have. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to have you back in the blog world. You look great in that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my summers...work work and more work.....and that does not mean only office work.....im in big transition mode like you though im in the same city!!!......
    like ur look!!! refreshing to see you in casuals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Miami! I must say after living here six years I rarely wear shorts, and tend to keep a sweater or jacket stashed in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're back! :) looking forward to everything coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see your face again! I've had a busy summer too. big changes in my household. My oldest daughter and her son have moved back home. The youngest daughter will be married within a month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see your posts again)) BTW, love this sweater - stripes are always a great idea)))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ No Guilt Fashion - Thanks, Danie! It's definitely a new favorite.

    @ shooting star - good luck on our transitions! you'll see a lot more casuals coming up (since basically that's all I have with me)

    @ Bajan Beauty - Thanks! It is beautiful here, and I'm really enjoying it. Pants definitely haven't been hard to get used to...I'm freezing everywhere anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.