Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Feels like new [outfit]

miami fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional br monogram top merona target jeans
miami fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional br monogram top merona target jeans
miami fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional br monogram top j crew belt rampage wedges
BR Monogram top - 2011 - $15 on sale (similar) / Merona jeans via Target - 2011 - $18 on sale (similar) / Rubbish scarf via Nordstrom - 2009 - $10 on sale (similar) / J. Crew outlet belt - 2011 - $5 on sale (similar) / Rampage wedges - 2009 - $25 on sale (similar) / Emilie M. bag via Marshall's - 2011 - $25 (similar)
[Worn: 08.30.11 | To: Mall and Target, my regular haunts]

Yes, I realize my feet are cut off. It was so easy to find an outfit spot when there was nothing in my apartment. That's why you get a dedicated shoe shot. I also realize I'm not too consistent with labeling [outfit] in my titles. Working on that. Moving along...

I've been in a bit of a funk so far this week, mainly due to the eczema outbreaks. Just when they were starting to get better, our stuff arrived, bringing in all kinds of new dust and dirt from the month spent in storage and the various trucks it traveled on to get here, and aggravating my skin even worse than it was last week. I've been in hiding.

But this blog would suck without outfits, so I came out of hiding for a bit yesterday to stock up on more skin care supplies. Aveeno, Cetaphil, Aquafor, CeraVe, and Cortisone line my bathroom counter, waiting their turn to attack.

This outfit is way dressier than I would have worn in my previous life on a random Tuesday errand run, but I was so excited to have my clothes (and shoes!) back that I had to bust out the big guns (aka, heels). I'd guess that about half my shoes are heels, and it's going to be interesting to try to work them into daily wear.

Do you wear heels casually or just for work and dressier events?

7 comments:

  1. Your look is perfectly casual and pulled together. I would never think to do sequins and a lightweight scarf but it works great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sequin top - makes even unpacking seem like a party (haha - maybe not ...)

    I actually feel more comfy in wedges for casual-wear height - heels seem too fancy when paired with grungy shorts and tees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your feet were cut off - i thought to myself - "well she has not unpacked her shoes"---
    But I see you have !
    Well, I use to hate heels. I would rally against them.
    Now, I wear them at least once a week. I am short so sometimes it just gives me that extra height I need to pump up an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Angeline! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for following me on Twitter. Two months a ago, my apartment looked just like yours with boxes everywhere.

    I used to wear heels exclusively because of my corporate job, but since I've started working from home, I've swung in the other direction and now only wear flats. My feet are much happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sparkly top and the scarf! The jeans fit you really well too.

    I'm sorry about the skin issues. I know they stink. :(

    I'll wear wedge heels casually, but other heels are usually reserved for nights out or work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the detailing of this outfit - sparkly top, striped scarf, animal print belt)) They make the whole outfit look bright and fun.
    Sorry to hear about your eczema outbreaks. Get better soon!) I hate dust.

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ lorena - I know...I wouldn't do that twice in a row, though! :)

    @ triskelos - thanks! I think the different textures and prints were fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.