Cute tweezers
I know...I got y'all excited with last week's Freelance Files, didn't I? They'll be back, just not weekly. I've been seeing all kinds of great posts lately, and still want to share them with you, so I'll probably be alternating links and freelance posts. Or not, we'll see.
It's been a while since I've done one of these, but I'll still be mainly choosing from the past week. Here are some of my favorite reads and finds:
- To add the subscription box craze (think Birch Box and the like), Lost Crates mails you monthly boxes of cool paper goods and office supplies. I confess: that would totally make my month. [via The Well-Appointed Desk]
- Wate-on and other weight-gain aids were popular in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. Just check out these ads. Ah, the good ol' days. [via Sociological Images]
- I have been have tons of fun helping K set up his new office and get ready for the school year (well, as much as I can). Loving these back to school supplies for geeks, hand-picked by Mashable.
- The always-informative Sal gives us some quick tips on dressing for transitional seasons.
- I love the look of a blazer, and fabulous V knows how to rock one. Plus, she shares some of her blazer-wearing tips.
- Obsessed with this music video, and have had the song stuck in my head all week. Watch it, you'll thank me later. [via Boing Boing]
- J's Fall 2011 Shopping Guide is my new shopping list, and I love that all of her finds are totally within my budget.
- Style Coalition founder Yuli Ziv dishes on what makes a business dress. And she should know. [via Corporette]
- I have to admit, when I first heard Lauren Conrad was writing a column for Forbes.com, I was skeptical. But she knows her stuff. Check out her post this week on sponsorship strategies.
- Another Forbes goodie: Power Women Tell All About Power. So inspiring.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.