Friday, August 26, 2011

All that glitters

miami fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional banana republic monogram tank express jeans
miami fashion blogger angeline evans the new professional banana republic monogram tank express jeans
BR Monogram tank - 2011 - $15 on sale (similar) / Express low-rise flare jeans - 2005 - $20 on sale (similar) / Target metallic flip flops - 2009 - $7 on sale (similar) / Random rings on a ball chain
[Worn: 08.19.11 | To: Dinner with cousins]

I love these jeans. They have been a standby since I bought them my senior year of college. My weight over the past six years has fluctuated over a 15-20 lb. range, and yet these always seem to fit. Gotta love denim.

They only have one problem: the button eats up my clothes. The roughness or sharpness or something has rubbed little holes through so many tanks and tees that I stopped keeping track years ago. So it is with great risk that I wear these jeans with one of my new favorite tops, which I found marked down to $15 (from $98) at the Houston Galleria. I'm on the lookout for a new pair of go-to jeans that won't eat my other clothing, but nothing has fit the bill just yet. I'm also trying clear nail polish on the button, which I heard helps.

Do you own any destructive clothing? How do you minimize the destruction?

8 comments:

  1. I had a pair of jeans with a button that damaged shirts, and I just replaced the button with a smoother one that I had. Button-replacing is an easy sewing task. Try it before you get rid of those nice jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that is rough! Especially when it's a favourite pair of jeans that is causing the issue. I like Megan's suggestion of the button replacement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I love your sparkle top! You tell that button to behave itself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that top, Angeline - plus, it looks great on you! I love all things sparkly - what a fun way to spruce up a pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a pair of jeans where the button ruined my shirts too. I don't have a clever solution--I just threw out the jeans. I have no mercy for evil clothes. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ meghan - I've never even thought of replacing the button! sounds like it would work great. I'll look into it...thanks for the tip!

    @ sorren - seriously...bad jeans i have no patience for, but good jeans are so hard to find!

    @ Barbara - Thanks! I love sparkles, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the top))
    I think that replacing the button will solve your problem - it's not gonna cost you much))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Triskelos - Thanks! I just couldn't pass it up when I saw how on-sale it was. :)

    ReplyDelete

Like this? Leave a comment!
Comments with emails attached will receive emailed replies; otherwise replies will be added below the original comment.